People Sent by God

Don Wood

A number of months ago, while Lucie was in the midst of chemo and radiation treatments, a woman approached me at Wendy's where I was having lunch alone. (Lucie was taken by a friend to treatment that day.) The lady said, "Pardon me, but you are usually here with a woman who looks like she is taking chemo treatments. Is she your wife?" I said, "Yes, on both counts. She is being treated for non-small cell lung cancer." "Well", she said, "my husband died of lung cancer less than two years ago." I asked her to join me and we got acquainted.

The next time I met the lady at Wendy's, my wife was with me. So the three of us shared stories, and we have now become fast friends. The woman noticed that I had a Christian fish symbol on my car, and so we have shared out faith as well. She made a cross-stitch book mark for Lucie, and we gave her a fish symbol for her car. She has sent cards to Lucie and me from time to time, wishing us well. We see her about once a week at Wendy's.

Recently, the lady bought a house, and we decided to give her a house warming gift, since we have been so blessed to have her in our lives. We brought her a door wreath and took her to dinner. Then she gave us a tour of the house. We had a great time!

We believe God put our paths together to help each other heal. This lady is truly a blessing in our lives. We have much to be thankful for. Don

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story, Don. Not lone before Dennis became ill, I had a wonderful new friend come into my life. Her mother had died of lung cancer years ago, when my friend was just a teenager. I have no idea how I would have coped with Dennis's illness and death without her. I have said to her so many times that God sent her in my direction to help me through all this sorrow. Please remember me in your prayers.

Don,

It seems to me that I am seeing a lot of posting lately that are echoing my thoughts about what has happened.

I too have had some special people come into my life since Randy became ill and then died.

There are several I would like to share with everyone here, as they have been my angels and have shown me God's miracles.

Karen was the first one. The day we found out that Randy had cancer and were told by his onc (which is another angel) that Randy did not have much time left, I found her standing in the lobby of the hospital. She was there because her father was having some problems. Thank God it was a fluke and nothing was seriously wrong with him. She use to be one of our neighbors whom we had lost touch with. She is such a powerful prayer. I saw her just standing in the lobby as if she were waiting for me. She had no idea Randy was ill. When she saw me, she knew something terrible had happened. She held me as I cried like a lost babe in the woods. She held me as she prayed for Randy. It gave me such comfort. I will always be thankful to God for her presence. I know He sent her there to be with me and to comfort me. I needed that strength that day more than I have ever known.

The other two are people who Randy knew through his old job. Sue and Warren called the day before Randy had the surgery for the infection and asked if I or Randy needed anything. That was when they found out he was back in the hospital. They both came over Saturday morning and sat with us while we waited for the surgery and prayed with Randy and I for his safety. They then sat with us the whole day because Randy was not doing so well. When Randy died, I called their house from the hospital, Sue answered the phone and as soon as I said hello, she knew. They were the ones who helped me with all the arrangements and drove me to all the places I had to go. They made sure that I was okay and that the kids were okay. They to this day, seem to pop up when I need them the most. I call them my angels from God. If it hadn't been for them, I would not have known who to call for help or even where to start. They have always been there for me and for our children.

So Don, thank you for posting and sharing your wonderful story. I truely believe there are angels here on earth. I thank God everyday for this message board and those that participate. Without it, I don't know how I would have made it this far in my journey.

Everyone here who shares, gives of themselves in someway to others. Either by asking for help or giving it in whatever way they can. Even if it is just to say, I am here for you.

Thank you Don for posting and thank you, everyone from the bottom of my heart for caring about each other. What more of a blessing could I have asked for. It takes someone who has "been" there, done that to know and understand how hard this journey can be.

May we all find comfort in knowing there are people we have never met, that care as much as this Family does for each other.

Much love,

Shirley

Wow - I LOVE THAT! I was just talking to a dear co-worker, who's father has been recently diagnosed with NSLC Stage IV. She was saying how many good things come out of this terrible situation, good comes out in people, etc. So I shared this post with her.

Thanks, Don!

God Bless,

Karen C.

p.s. I want to know why we don't have an angel emoticon if we have not one, but TWO devil ones?