Why I have not been around.

Jay

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dear Adopted Grandson Jay,

I am so glad you posted. I have been very worried about you.

What do you mean you can't handle a girlfriend right now? You are a very strong young man and you can handle anything that comes your way. I can tell by your writings that you have a great head on those shoulders and are a very strong and loving person. You have a lot to give someone whether it be as a friend or more. I wish I were 18 and single.....I would come searching for you.

I sure wish Buddy were better for I would like to extend an invite to ky but afraid he is not well enough at the present time, however, I to would like to pay some of the cost for your travel. I did not read further after I read connie's invite so did not know all these lovely friends had the same idea as me with helping with the cost. I pm'd connie so she will let me know if it can happen.

I know bone mets can be treated for buddy was suppose to have had them in his ribs and they are gone now. He had 10 radiation treatments.

You stay in touch and let us know how you are. You are constantly in my prayers.

WOW, I'm overwhelmed and so very touched by all you loving, kind, caring, supportive friends in wanted to help our Jay get away and have a little break in life to come to BURRRRR MINNESOTA for a visit. My wish would be to have EVERYONE be able to get together and spend a little time with Jay and all of us together. Wouldn't that be AWESOME??? WOW!!

I'm not at ALL sure what it would cost to get Jay to Minnesota, however, I'm not 100% clear on where Jay would be coming from? But, I do know if all these wonderful people are going to be apart of this, then we will make it a GROUP effort and post every thing to the General Forum. HOW DOES THAT SOUND??? :wink: What an AWESOME FAMILY THIS IS!!

Jay, if you want to PM me, you go right away and do so when you have talked things over with your dad. I am thinking sometime after New Years?????? Plus, I'll have a little extra stength by that time as well.

But, we have lots of plans to figure out my dear.

I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL SOOOOO VERY VERY MUCH!!

OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Connie

Connie:

I just over 4 hours to the Twin Cities. All that I would need would be PRECISE directions to your house. Please notice, I am different from the normal male member of the human species. I DO ask for directions.

Jay,

I'm am new to this forum and posted for the first time about a week ago. I just logged on to read updates on a few people and saw your post. I wish I could reach right through the computer and hug you!!! I myself was diagnosed with cancer (thyroid) when I was barely 23. I couldn't believe it was happening to me. I felt many of the feelings that you are going through as a young person. I'm 28 now and have been cancer free for 4 years. I started on this forum after my aunt was diagnosed with lung cancer (brain mets) 1 month ago. Everybody is so wonderful and supportive here. This is a good group for you to have to support you!!! Just want you to know that I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

Jess

Just back in town and catching up. Please count me in for a contribution to the Jay/Connie Gala!

Jay, I'm keeping the faith that you will face this obstacle and persevere as you have with other challenges! None of this is fair, but you are an absolute inspiration to the rest of us. Much love.

Count me in! Hey maybe you could both make a quick trip to Canada! I do live in the province that is called Friendly Manitoba you know!! Too bad the weather is the same ans Minnesota!

Blessings to all, Jay, you have the youth to sustain you.

Faylene

Jay,

So glad to see you post! I am also glad that you are out of your room exercising- it is good for you physically and mentally. I agree you should try to "stay active as long as you can." I am sorry to hear about the mets, but numerous people on this board have been successfully treated for them. I am praying that your treatment goes well for you.

Jay please try to live each day to the fullest! Nobody has any guarantees for tomorrow- and I mean nobody! I spent the first couple of months after my diagnosis, literally lying in bed, afraid to get up. I kept thinking, "what am I so afraid of?" Dying ....perhaps. We all will die someday, it is unavoidable. However, that wasn't quite it. I asure you that I do not want to die, but I believe in an after life, and that helps to calm my fears about death. I guess for me, my biggest fear is not being here to live my life and do all of the things in life that I have planned. So, I made myself a "to do" list. I am not afraid of "death" as I was before, because this disease has made me confront it head on! I will not waste another minute of my life "dying from cancer." I chose to "live my life with cancer." Fear use to hold me back from doing a lot of things....but really, what is there to fear now?

Jay, make that "to do" list and don't give up on Life. I do not understand why you have this disease?....I guess only God has the answer to that; however, I can tell you that your life has touched hundreds of people! You are more than just this disease!

Cheryl

If you are serious about going to MN, I will help as much as I can. also working at Disney, many people with cash that may help. Please let me know and maybe I can raise some money!!!

email me direct

stephnewyork32@aol.com

Connie, you are great to offer, what a great thing to do, and Jay I hope your Dad lets you go.

Sorry I haven't been on line much at all, I have been working like a million hours, but I always think about you all the time.

BIGGEST HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Jay

Hang in there cutie! You are so special you will get through this!

Count me in for the trip! Why don't you and Connie come on out to San Diego I have an empty condo!

We could go to the Zoo and Disneyland, You could ride the surf with my boyfriend and Connie could suntan!

Hope I'm surprised you don't have 3 girlfs! You are so unselfish and kind...I hope all your dreams come true!

Keep the faith!

Laurie

Count me in on the "Send Jay around the World Fund"!!!

I think Sandy is right though, if Jay is going to be as close as MN, than we will have to spring for a little extra excursion to Wisconsin/Illinois as well. We'll take you out on the town in Chicago.

Sandy can be our chaperone. :wink:

I think Sandy is right though, if Jay is going to be as close as MN, than we will have to spring for a little extra excursion to Wisconsin/Illinois as well. We'll take you out on the town in Chicago.

WOW! I'm so amazed with everyone's responses. I really feel loved! :)

I think some are confused with where I come from. Some think I'm from Argentina, some know I'm from Mexico. The thing is I'm from Argentina but live in Mexico. You could say I'm Mexican, but my blood is argentinian. So, that's just to clear things out. The reason why I first said I lived in Argentina and not Mexico I can't even remember, it was a year ago. I can't believe it will make a year that I've been a member of this community! It might sound ironic, but I'm very lucky to be here... the people here is the best, and I love you all.

About the trip, I PMed Connie, my dad has become so overly protective, he thinks I'm too young to travel alone, plus he says I shouldn't travel alone... I suppose he thinks I'm useless or something because I have Cancer! I got so mad at him and ended up in a big fight, yelling and slamming doors. I'm so mad! He said he would think about it but I know what his answer will be, especially after I walked out of the house slamming the door behind me. I even showed him how many people wants to help, but he said money isn't the issue... I cant believe he's doing this to me! The one thing I want! I was so excited I was sure he would say yes! Maybe I got my hopes way up.

I'm sorry, you guys have been so sweet and kind and I feel so loved after reading all of your posts. I wish my dad would see that. I'm still going to ask him once and again to let me go, until he gets tired of hearing it and says yes. He has to say yes. I've already made my mind up that I will be going, he can't say no...... can he? :(

WOW! I'm so amazed with everyone's responses. I really feel loved! :)

I think some are confused with where I come from. Some think I'm from Argentina, some know I'm from Mexico. The thing is I'm from Argentina but live in Mexico. You could say I'm Mexican, but my blood is argentinian. So, that's just to clear things out. The reason why I first said I lived in Argentina and not Mexico I can't even remember, it was a year ago. I can't believe it will make a year that I've been a member of this community! It might sound ironic, but I'm very lucky to be here... the people here is the best, and I love you all.

About the trip, I PMed Connie, my dad has become so overly protective, he thinks I'm too young to travel alone, plus he says I shouldn't travel alone... I suppose he thinks I'm useless or something because I have Cancer! I got so mad at him and ended up in a big fight, yelling and slamming doors. I'm so mad! He said he would think about it but I know what his answer will be, especially after I walked out of the house slamming the door behind me. I even showed him how many people wants to help, but he said money isn't the issue... I cant believe he's doing this to me! The one thing I want! I was so excited I was sure he would say yes! Maybe I got my hopes way up.

I'm sorry, you guys have been so sweet and kind and I feel so loved after reading all of your posts. I wish my dad would see that. I'm still going to ask him once and again to let me go, until he gets tired of hearing it and says yes. He has to say yes. I've already made my mind up that I will be going, he can't say no...... can he? :(