Why I have not been around.

Jay

WOW! I'm so amazed with everyone's responses. I really feel loved! :)

I think some are confused with where I come from. Some think I'm from Argentina, some know I'm from Mexico. The thing is I'm from Argentina but live in Mexico. You could say I'm Mexican, but my blood is argentinian. So, that's just to clear things out. The reason why I first said I lived in Argentina and not Mexico I can't even remember, it was a year ago. I can't believe it will make a year that I've been a member of this community! It might sound ironic, but I'm very lucky to be here... the people here is the best, and I love you all.

About the trip, I PMed Connie, my dad has become so overly protective, he thinks I'm too young to travel alone, plus he says I shouldn't travel alone... I suppose he thinks I'm useless or something because I have Cancer! I got so mad at him and ended up in a big fight, yelling and slamming doors. I'm so mad! He said he would think about it but I know what his answer will be, especially after I walked out of the house slamming the door behind me. I even showed him how many people wants to help, but he said money isn't the issue... I cant believe he's doing this to me! The one thing I want! I was so excited I was sure he would say yes! Maybe I got my hopes way up.

I'm sorry, you guys have been so sweet and kind and I feel so loved after reading all of your posts. I wish my dad would see that. I'm still going to ask him once and again to let me go, until he gets tired of hearing it and says yes. He has to say yes. I've already made my mind up that I will be going, he can't say no...... can he? :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! I'm so amazed with everyone's responses. I really feel loved! :)

I think some are confused with where I come from. Some think I'm from Argentina, some know I'm from Mexico. The thing is I'm from Argentina but live in Mexico. You could say I'm Mexican, but my blood is argentinian. So, that's just to clear things out. The reason why I first said I lived in Argentina and not Mexico I can't even remember, it was a year ago. I can't believe it will make a year that I've been a member of this community! It might sound ironic, but I'm very lucky to be here... the people here is the best, and I love you all.

About the trip, I PMed Connie, my dad has become so overly protective, he thinks I'm too young to travel alone, plus he says I shouldn't travel alone... I suppose he thinks I'm useless or something because I have Cancer! I got so mad at him and ended up in a big fight, yelling and slamming doors. I'm so mad! He said he would think about it but I know what his answer will be, especially after I walked out of the house slamming the door behind me. I even showed him how many people wants to help, but he said money isn't the issue... I cant believe he's doing this to me! The one thing I want! I was so excited I was sure he would say yes! Maybe I got my hopes way up.

I'm sorry, you guys have been so sweet and kind and I feel so loved after reading all of your posts. I wish my dad would see that. I'm still going to ask him once and again to let me go, until he gets tired of hearing it and says yes. He has to say yes. I've already made my mind up that I will be going, he can't say no...... can he? :(

Okay.... So could we raise enough for Jay's Dad to come ? And maybe a hotel?

Jay hang in there ... don't be angry your father is worried about you!

Carleen and Keith can have a second honeymoon... they can use the condo.....

Jay,

Eternal ly dreaming... of life as a vacation! No cance ...no jobs...no pressure just friends and fun!

What part O of Mexic?

Hi Jay,

Don't worry about it! We will send your dad also (or a suitable chaperone)!! He can help you carry your bags if you go shopping at the Mall of America!! Why don't you PM me (if you want) and let me know what airport you would most likely be flying out of. My brother works for MLT (a sub. of Northwest Airlines), I'm going to ask my brother to bug the execs to maybe get some deals on some airline tickets (or maybe some comps) since Minneapolis is Northwest Airlines hub and you would almost have to fly them to get to Minnesota.

Kathi

I'd be up for chipping in for Jay's dad to come too, or some other suitable chaperone. Jay, you have a sister right? Is she older or younger? Would your father let you come together?

If Connie doesn't have the room for everyone, Keith and I are renting a house right now that has three spare bedrooms just going to waste. We'd be happy to host a gathering.

Jay, please let your father know that you would be in good hands, surrounded by people who care for you as family. We are all knowledgeable about this disease and what to do and where to do if there are problems.

I know we have never met, but we are not exactly strangers. We have all grown to love and care for you. You are part of our LCSC family.

Jay - don't be mad at your Dad. He's just looking out for you. I wouldn't let my daughter go either, and she doesn't have cancer, so don't think it's because of that. He's just protecting your best interests. The internet can be a bad place for some situations. Your Dad is just being a smart parent.

We all should have thought of the idea about the chaperon first before you mentioned it to him. Next time you bring up the topic, ask him what conditions he would be willing to let you go. I'm sure something can be worked out. But don't get mad either way at him. There will be more trips for you in the future, so it will all be okay either way.