Sunday's Air

jaminkw

Good morning everyone. It is a beautiful sunny day in Key West and the boys (my husband and 10-yr-old grandson) have gone fishing. I'm determined to just dig in and pace myself through the day in the hope I start to feel more organized. This is about the time (I noticed it starting yesterday) every Christmas that I start to stress and consequently start getting a little tense and short with people I love. I'm not going to let it happen. Last year I was so naseaous from chemo Christmas Eve, I could barely stand for any length of time. This year I am in remission almost nine months and feel pretty good.

It's almost nine so I'd better get started. Have a great day everyone and cross your fingers mine is productive. I have high hopes!

Judy in Key West

BRRRRR!!!!! It's -35 with windchill today. Suffice it to say I will not be traversing outside for any Latte's to get me through the cold.

Since I am home bound today I plan on doing some laundry and house cleaning. we will see how far I get into that.

Have a great day everybody.

Denise

Haven't heard the temperature here yet but you can bet it is chilly. Just happy to not have to go into work today. Get to finish some Xmas shopping and maybe get to drive around and see a the decorations people have out. Most people here put their Xmas lights up in October because of the cold temperatures. But you still see some people out in -40 putting their lights up.

The bacon is sizzling and the cinnamon buns are in the oven! We got our 15-20 cm snowfall last night and it is expected to snow most of today as well! So anyone who did not get out and get their fur lined bras yesterday is out of luck because you simply can not get anywhere. Our snow removal equipment does not have a big budget! Maybe we can borrow some from Bruce.

I am now holding out very high hopes for a white christmas.

So it's definitely a snow day today. The kids will want to play outside. I will catch up on laundry and make more cookies. And make my final shopping list but am definitely not thinking I will be getting out there today. The Monday morning rush to work should be interesting tomorrow!

Have a peaceful Sunday everyone.

Sandra

Hey Y'all! It's much warmer here than anyone else has posted (except Judy) so I just won't tell and rub it in! :D But it has been drizzling and overcast.

I have to finish the scrapbook for my brother today. And do some baking. My guests are coming Tuesday!!!

Hope everyone has a good day and stays warm.

Leslie

After getting a foot of snow on Friday night we now are having a sleet storm - should make our already pot holed dirt road - barely passable!

i understand the stress Judy - i try so hard to stay happy and positive over the shopping - but I have now lost Friday because of the snow and they say i probably will not be getting out tomorrow because of ice - that gives me Tuesday to do an awful lot of gift and food shopping! I will stay positive though - because, after all - I was told I should not expect last Christmas much less this one!!! What an awesome gift! This year it is just the five of us - it will be warm and happy and loud and wonderful.

This afternoon the kids at church are putting on their annual Christmas Pageant - followed by a pot luck supper - then folks are coming over after for cookies and caroling.

A good day

peace

Janet

Well Sandra we set records for snowfall in October and November so my budget is used up. I think if I asked for more funds to send equipment to B.C. I may get a strange look from the bean counters. LOL They have no sense of HA HA at all.

well no snow here but had a wonderful date with a flight attendant at the ballet(nutCracker Ballet) and dinner and drinks after that. Ya know it was fun when your 19 year old roomie is asleep when ya come home at midnite!!!!!! SLept til 6 and was up and about this moning! :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Geesh Bruce. You always claim to be good with those bean counters! One of which I am (as you well know) and I definitely have a sense of HA HA! So please start working on that Municipal budget transfer...in exchange, we will send some daffodils in the spring.

Randy, Randy, Randy. Way to go. A date with a flight attendant. Ballet??? I never knew you had that in you. Dinner and drinks and outlasting a 19 year old. Given that you have given us all that information, I am sure there is a lot more to tell! Whisper it to me, I promise to keep it just between us.

And it just keeps snowing here...and no trucks are arriving Bruce..please help!

I just don't know what to say about Randy. After all these years (or it seems like years) of telling him he needs cattle and a herding dog in order to find a girlfriend, it seems as tho. he's trying culture instead. Good for you Randy.

Nice day here. Temp. was about 79 a while ago. Wish Sandra had shared her bacon and cinnamon buns with us all. One of my favorite combinations - assuming that coffee was also on the menu.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Muriel