Here's how you can tell it is Christmas. . .

fillise

I've had to take a parent to the hospital! Despite my strict orders for everyone to stay well, Mom had some blood work done today and was sent straight to the hospital for a platelet transfusion.

Mom was complaining of weakness when I got in last night. She seems relieved that there was a reason and the Dr. seems to think she will perk up some after the transfusion. It is an potpatient procedure so I will go pick her up in a little while.

It has become a tradition that I spend at least a part of my Christmas vacation in the hospital with one of my parents. Here's hoping that this is it for the year and we can enjoy the rest of the holiday!

Susan

If it is any consolation, I am in the hospital with my husband...going on 8 days and no release in sight.....but it looks like they are trying to send many home so we will have the place to ourselves....as long as the family is together, no matter the place, it will be a good Christmas.

Thanks everyone! They finished the transfusion and sent her home about 5:30 pm last night. She says she feels much stronger today. They will check her blood levels again next week, so she may get another one. Fortunately her early Christmas presents (an iPod I got her for her 6 hr chemo sessions) came in handy and she was able to relax with Christmas music for the 5 hours it took to get the blood type and transfude the two units of platelets.

Linda--you have the right attitude--as long as we are all together, we've gottne the best gift of Christmas! May you and your family treasure the gift of being together. I will keep you in my prayers.

Susan

We had a wonderful Christmas. Mom felt well enough to go to church on Christmas Eve and she was able to do everything she wanted to on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. She is very tired today though so is taking it easy. I say good for her!

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I hope everyone who clebrates had a wonderful Christmas.

Susan