Lost another Dear Friend

Connie B

Mary Jo was a member and Good Friend to my In Person LC Support Group AND she was a member here at LCSC. Although she didn't post often, she fought long and hard to beat this monster that lurks within so many of us, and during that time she offered friendship, support and information to others. My heart aches for I have lost a Great Friend on Christmas day and I will forever miss her until we meet again. Mary Jo Would Say, "CANCER SUCKS"

Hugs,

Connie

Anderson, Mary Jo View/Sign Guest Book

Anderson, Mary Jo (Hayden) Of Hastings Age 61; after facing the challenge of lung cancer went to be with her Lord and Savior 12/25/2008 and is now walking Streets of Gold. She was preceded in death by her father Harry Hayden, father-in-law Andrew Anderson and step-father-in law Steve Seleski. Mary Jo is survived by mother Anna Hayden; mother-in-law Dora Seleski; husband Larry; and children Jason (Deb) Anderson, Jamey (Andrea Humphrey) Anderson, and Lisa (friend David Mikkelson) Lichtie; grandchildren Grace & Sophia Anderson, Elizabeth & William Anderson, Sarah, Kyrstin, Kathryn, & Gretchen Lichtie, Bethany, Katie & Paula Scharfe, Klara Mikkelson; brother John Eddie (Deb) Hayden. Visitation 9-11am Tuesday, 12/30/08 at CHRIST'S FAMILY CHURCH, 518 2nd St. E., Hastings with funeral service immediately following. Interment Lakeside Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials preferred to Christ's Family Church, CaringBridge, or Allina Hospice. 651-437-9419

Published in the Pioneer Press from 12/27/2008 - 12/28/2008

Notice • Guest Book • Flowers • Visit the gift shop

Create a Memorial Website

When I got home from work I was so sad to read the E-mail from Larry ( her husband) that Mary Jo had died 10am on Christmas day. Thanks for your email also Connie. When I saw her last I did not realize it would be the very last time I would see her. I know she is well and happy now but it is still sad for those of us she left.

Donna G

Today I went to Mary Jo's funeral . Her pastor said she had met with him and told him what she wanted and songs etc. It was very nice. Her son had recorded and wonderful song and they played it.

Even with the snow today , the church was absolutely packed. Several from our support group in St. Paul were able to get there also. It was so sad to see Larry and their son's ( the sons broke down and cried several times during the service) Friends and family shared how loving she was, even with her suffering, she was in a prayer group praying for others. With O2 and in a Wheelchair Larry brought her to the first tuesday support group in December and she supported others there. WE were born the same month , the same year, graduated High School the same year, married the same year and we bothe had lung cancer! It is so sad she is gone but like the pastor said, now she is well and is in a better place waiting for all of us some day.

Donna G

Donna, it must be so hard that you and Mary Jo shared so much but she lost her battle with LC. You are such an inspiration to so many of us and I know your friend would want you to carry on all the good you do here. I'm so sorry you lost your good friend.

Judy in Key West

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Thank you Donna for sharing MaryJo's furneral with all of us. I am so sorry I could not attend it. I had talked to her 5 days before she passed. She was a fighter, a Loving, kind caring person.

She did so much to support our troups in Iraq and she attended the furnerals of those who lost there lives in Iraq with other motorcycle riders even when she was so sick fighthing her cancer. She was a Police Despatcher for many years. She was a daughter, sister, wife, mother, mother-in-law, aunt, cousin, friend and she WILL be missed. :cry::cry:

Bye Bye Mary Jo, until we meet again my friend! I love you my friend! I'll miss you!