On behalf of my father, Don M

Amanda

Hi everyone.

Don M is my father, and I think he would've liked for you all to know that he passed away today. He had one really hard day, yesterday. Hospice thought he might have had an infection in his feet, so they took him to the ER. He was scheduled to come home the next day, but then the social worker told my mom's friend that he would stay another day. Then, I got the phone call, that we needed to go to the hospital right away. He was still warm and looked at peace when I arrived, but he was not breathing, so I knew he was passing away. I held his hand and told him it would be okay now. Bit by bit family started to show up, and we all told him how much we loved him. My mom thinks that he had a smile on his face. I guess he kind of did.

Dad would spend hours a day on this website, for the past five years or so. I know he loved you all very much because he would talk about you all a lot. One day, he was so happy about how many replies he got that he couldn't stop talking about it. You were a huge support for him, every bit as much as his family. He loved you guys, so I love you too.

Just know... that you guys got to be friends with the greatest father in the whole wide world. I love you Dad.

Please reply lots and give him something to brag about in the afterlife, okay? *hugs*

My Dad = http://lungevity.org/l_community/profil ... ile&u=4699

Amanda, I know it was difficult for you to write this message, and I deeply appreciate your informing us so promptly. Your dad was one of the first people to welcome me into the group in September 2006, and he has been a pillar of strength and stability to so many of us here. His messages yield some hints about his philosophy of life, so yes, I'm pretty sure that was a smile you saw on his face. My fondest Aloha,

Ned

Amanda ... please accept my deepest sympathies in the loss of your father. There are many, many wonderful people on this board, but to me, your dad was special. His posts were encouraging and just portrayed to me a truly honorable, wonderful, intelligent man who loved his family and was really at peace with his future and this awful disease.

When I lost my mom a year ago, his post to me gave me peace and strength. I don't post on here much anymore, but when I saw that your dad went in to hospice, I wrote because I was so touched and full of admiration as obviously so many on here were.

While extremely saddened, I'm also honored and grateful that I got to "know" you dad through this board. My best wishes, condolences and prayers to Don's wonderful family. Maybe when you feel ready, you can come back to the board and read some of his posts to others. Take care.

Amanda I am so sorry you lost your Dad. It was so kind of you to come here and let us know, please accept our prayers for the family's peace at this time. Don posted thousands of times supporting members of our group during their difficult time. We will also miss him.

Sincerely Donna G

Amanda My deepest condolences to you and the family right now. Your father has been a great inspoiration to me in his strength and courage and fortitude while fighting his Lung cancer. I am sorry to hear this and please know that he will always be watching over you every day in every way....

Amanda

Like so many others before me and after me, your Dad was one of the first to welcome me to this site and always had a kind word or bit of wisdom to share. His journey with cyber knife and how he shared his experiences so selflessly was nothing short of Awe Inspiring. Don's posts and participation here is what made this site what it used to be.

Don, I know you are in a better place now where there is no pain, no suffering, no cancer and no evils. May God bless you and keep you and watch over those who are left behind. You were and are an amazing human being.

My prayers and condolences to you, Amanda and thank you for letting us know

Hugs

Christine

Oh Amanda.............I have missed your dad's presence here. He was my inspiration and hero. It is a sad and lonely day knowing he is not out 'there' reading our posts and responding as only he could. It was always more than apparent what a wonderful man he was.

I am so sosrry he's left you/us. I have so many wonderful memories of his picture and words. He will always be remembered by those who loved him here.

Kasey

Amanda,

I am so sorry to read this. I actually came on here to see if there was an update on him. I am sitting here in tears.

I loved your dad even though I did not know him phylically. We go back a long way and he was always there for me to help me through the hard times with my husband.

Like many before me have said and Iam sure you know that he was such a gentlemen and inspiration to all of us. His presence here will be missed and there will be a huge void here without him and that great piciture of him and his grandchildren.

His family was so important to him and I take comfort to know you were all with him. He probably was smiling as he was so courageous and never complained, just kept on fighting and fighting. He may have lost the war but never the battle.

My deepest of deepest condolences goes out to you Amanda and your family and his friends.

I know your dad will live on in your heart and will hold a special place there where he will live on through your wonderful memeories of this wonderful man.

I am so so sorry. This is a sad day.

Maryanne :cry:

Hi Amanda. Your dad has been in my thoughts. He was an inspiration and a pillar of strength on this site and will be missed dearly. It doesn't surprise me at all that he was a great father. My heart goes out to your family at this difficult time. God bless and peace be with you all.

Sandra

Amanda ... I am so sad to read the news of your dad . I only "knew" him through this board, but what a wonderful man he was. I said once that I felt like he was Superman because of the determination and dignity he displayed each and every step of the way. I greatly admired your dad and am so deeply sorry for your loss. May the many wonderful memories you hold help you in the difficult days ahead.

Hugs,

Linda

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your wonderful father who was also a wonderful source of support to so many on this site. You will see them coming by and posting for days and proably weeks to come. So many cared for and respected him.

Judy in Key West

Amanda, I am so sorry to read this very sad news. Your Dad was such an inspiration to so many here, including me. We will all miss "seeing" him. He was a very special person and I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family. Please know that many of us are grieving with you today. Our memories of your Dad and his posts will always be with us. Shelley

Amanda,

Thank you for thinking of us and letting us know about your Father. He was and is a great man. He devoted so much time and energy to helping people on this board that he created a lasting legacy. You know that so many of us loved your father and now we will circle you and your family with that love.

Peace,

Susan

Amanda,

I am very sorry for your loss. Your Father was so very loved here. I hope your memories and the hope for your father being in a better place provide you some comfort during this very difficult time. God Bless you and keep you . Joe B

Amanda-- I'm very sorry to read this, my condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father. He was a great guy and a great inspiration to so many. He truly walked the walk and show so much courage and determination battling lung cancer. Again my condolences to you and your family. Rich

Oh Amanda, I'm so very very sorry to read this. Please know that we coudln't have nearly been as much a support to your father as he was to all of us. I know he certainly was for me personally. It was his talk of cyberknife that prompted me to pursue it for my sister, and who knows how much extra time that may have bought us. So he has had a tremendous impact on our lives.

You and your mother and the rest of your family are in my prayers. And I hope your father is smiling at all the replies your post has gotten and will continue to get.

Amanda, I am so very sorry for your loss. For such a very long time, Don has been a real friend to many of us. I will always remember how hard he fought his battle against cancer. I would always smile when reading his posts, as he never gave in or gave up his fight and was always ready to try anything new to beat this terrible disease. On many occasions, when I was feeling really down, I would get a nice little pick-me-up note from Don and I would feel better. He will be so missed on this board by so very many.