Don M's request of his wife, Jude

judeminiken

Dear Jude & Amanda,

I was very saddened to hear about Don's passing. I didn't talk to Don very much personally but have been following his story since I first found this forum, and I was always touched by the kindness and compassion that he displayed to all that posted on this forum. He never complained about the hard road he had been on for these many years, but instead focused his energy on offering his loving support and advice to fellow posters. Amazing man - and one that I will always remember.

May you find peace during this very difficult time.

Diane

Jude,

Don never ceased to amaze me. I used to tell my parents about how involved he was with his treatment strategies and options. He did fight the good fight and was always there to encourage me and others here. He will be terribly missed but I know that like my dad gained his wings six months ago, Don has gained his also. I feel priveleged to have known him. My hugs and prayers are being sent to you and your family.

I don't know if I've replied to any of the posts about Don (sometimes I read but can't do a reply), but if I didn't, I want to express my sympathy to you and your family on your loss of a great guy.

Don was always there to cheer someone on, offer help, information, or sympathy when needed. He was greatly respected by the people in this community, and will be dearly missed.

Cindy

Jude:

Don was an amazing man. He was one of the first to reach out to me after my first postings here, on another message board and to the NSCLC list. We corresponded both publicly and privately and it is impossible for me to articulate what a comfort he was to me--both because of the knowledge he provided and the tremendous warmth and inspiration.

I am so sorry for your loss--and ours-- but how wonderful it must have been to have him for the 35 years you were married. His love for his family shone brightly at all times--as is so very clear from all his postings here (which will, fortunately, be viewable to all of you, especially his grandchildren, in years to come).

You were blessed as were we, and I thank you for sharing him with us. I will never forget him.

With great love and affection,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--George Carlin

• 2 weeks later...