Topotecan (Hycamtin)

Hi Dave

Yes - Mike was on Topotecan for three series. It was administered for five days - every fourth week.

It was the line of chemo used when we got the "clear cat scan" on the liver in July of 2002.

It's a good one....not too terribly hard with side effects...at least it was better than the Cisplatin (that stuff was HARD on Mike).

Hugs,

My dad is one this now. Just had his second dose. GOes in once a week instead of the usual 3 days on and 2 weeks off.

His first week was great. I've read that there are little side effects to this chemo. I'm not sure how aggresive it is towards cancer like the other "combos" but I am praying it WORKS.

Today dad had his second dose. He ran out of nausea meds. day before yesterday (phenergrin (Sp) pills) so he actually went 10-12 hours with nothing (He's takes them on a reg. basis whether or not he feels sick...just in case) Because he went so long with out any, he worried that he may get sick, so he took an old prescription for compozine and immediately threw up. He's been throwing up for two days now and I am praying that him being sick is due to not having meds, and NOT due to the chemo.

You guys have any ideas out there. Dad can't sleep, his head is hurting alot, he is throwing up and can't eat. Need prayers......

Thanks for the replies. KatieB, I take Zofran for nausea, only when I need it. It works for me. I will start on Topotecan this Monday (4/14) . Infusion on day 1 and oral tablets for 3-4 days. I will pray for all. God bless.

DavidM,

Prayers for you that the Topetecan works wonders with no side-effects. We're rooting for you! ANd positive vibes are going out your way. Keep in touch, will be thinking of you!