The drinks are on me

Geri

NED is back in residence!! :D:D:D:D

Had the results of my PET scan and there is nothing " remarkable" (love those odd descriptions) about my scan, no evidence of malignancy so welcome home NED.

My onc did not suggest that I take any more adjunct therapies at this point because the two I tried made me so sick and tired (literally) that my quality of life was in the toilet. This was just as well because I really had no intention of taking any more 'just in case' meds, the odds against recurrence were not improved enough for me to feel so crappy again. That being said if there had been a malignancy I would certainly be at the drug store right now picking up my prescription.

I go back in July for another scan and in the mean time we're going to South Carolina before our grandson arrives - can I have a hall pass please Rochelle, two weeks starting this Friday, thanks.

This time last year I got a handicap card for my car, it was very well used and much appreciated but three days ago it expired and I am thrilled to announce that I haven't renewed it. That's how well I am right now, l may be tempting fate by even thinking this let alone writing it down but today I feel like the real me. For the first time in almost 2 years I'm not sick and tired of being sick and tired.

So will everyone join me for a celebration, a very large Bailey's please Kasey and put the whole evening on my tab.

I'm going now, dinner prep calls but I'll be doing it with a big smile on my face. :):):)

Thanks agin for the support

Geri

This was just as well because I really had no intention of taking any more 'just in case' meds, the odds against recurrence were not improved enough for me to feel so crappy again.

My feelings exactly Geri! Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. I'll be at the pub for that Baileys. You aren't by any chance going to be staying at that campground on the Beach in the Carolina's are you? I'm still working on getting there. Wherever you go and whatever you do, I know you'll have a great time on your new NED high.

Judy in Key West

The weather is so crappy here Randy, very cold and treacherous under foot, I'd rather make dinner and stay warm.

We are going to Hilton Head for a week and then back up to Myrtle Beach for a week, no RV this time of year Judy - don't know that we could get it off the driveway, I think it's frozen in. We are staying in condos this time which makes it much easier for me to regulate my salt and fluid intake, staying in hotels and having to eat out make it hard to keep track.

Right now life is good and I'm loving it!

Geri

Geri - what a great way to start my day ... reading your wonderful post with such fantastic news. I too, figure you are pretty darn remarkable ... glad to hear that the scans are not though. Have a great road trip Geri. I will definitely drink a toast to your news.

Hugs, Linda

Yippee Yippee Yippee!!!! Okay ~ PUB is open for everyone. What wonderful news, Geri. And so glad to see that you're getting away to better weather :lol: . Guess there's no chance of stopping off in PA this time though :cry: . I just couldn't be any happier. Feeling good, getting away, new grandson soon here, and Pub open ~ wow! The only other thing I have to say is that it's about time things started going in this direction for you!

Kasey