Friday's Air

jaminkw

I need to get back to those things I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful for friends on this site.

2. I am thankful I went to the neighborhood meeting last night and saw so many old acquaintences.

3. I am thankful for this site and the opportunity to come here and offer others support.

4. I am thankful for all the good friends I have here who offer me support.

5. I am thankful that I had one mega series of chemo cocktails and went right into remission.

Needless to say, I'm feeling a little down in spite of my excitement about my upcoming lunch with LCSC friends. It is what it usually is, finances. I'm still struggling to get through this until my birthday when I go on medicare. Financial fear of medical bills periodically rears it's ugle head. I also am waiting to see if I'm going to get the flushing kit for my port in time to get it so that the timeframe is worth the big $tab. I could have just waited and had my daughter do it Feb 6. That would have put me way over the max 6 recommended weeks. The danger is clotting and them having to do what the onc at the group Tuesday said, "roto-rutter (sp?) it open." I decided not to wait and in this third world country I'm living in, everything takes forever. Then I come here and read of people who have lost their jobs or people who have had to do one treatment after another because of progression and I tell myself to shut up and be thankful.

Hope you all have a great day.

Judy in Key West

Yes Judy even on the bad days we have to look deep inside and realize the things we have to be thankful for.

I guess I will use this thread to post my message. In about two hours I will be leaving to take Misty down to my sister in law in Red Bluff. Tomorrow morning at 10:15 I will catch the bus for the first leg of my trip to Louisiana.

I plan on spending about 4 days with my cousins there then on to see my children, grandchildren and those precious babies(my great grandbabies). While in Bakersfield I will see Ruby. So far the chemo has not caused her too many other problems but for some reason the chemo is causing her pain. I have never heard of that but I don't come here as much as I used to.

I am sorry I haven't been here to lend support as much as I should. I was sick for a month and a half with a bad viris that attacked my throat. I really didn't get well until 2 days before Christmas. I still cooked Christmas Dinner for our party here with my neighbors. We had 32 people show up so it was really wonderful. After that I had so much to catch up for the holidays and my trip and in about 2 weeks I will turn 65 so that added more things to do.

So I am all caught up now and all that is left after I go have breakfast is to turn things off and load up my car. I will try to check in once in a while to see how everyone is doing. Will I won't be able to envy you the seafood anymore because I will be getting my own share soon. :!:

Take care all. Love to you and always my prayers and best wishes. Lillian