:( Still trying to figure this all out...

Rosie

Ok guys...

I'm sorry, I'm still trying to figure out what all of this means. I mean, I know what it means, but... well... I guess I'm wanting some answers to questions that really just don't exist. Am I making sense?

About a week ago, we found out my mom has SCLC. After further testing, they have found that it has gotten into all four sections of her brain.

She goes in at the beginning of next week to figure out what they are going to do. She was supposed to start chemo Monday, but now they are saying she may not want to even try...

What's the deal? Is it possible she could die before the end of the year?

I'm going to call and talk to the doctor Monday to get more answers (we live quite a few states away).

Is it even a possibility that she could only have weeks left? Have any of you known someone or heard of it acting that fast?

I am so confused and could really use your help and thoughts. Anything would be a huge help...

Blessings to you all...

Rosie, I am sorry to hear about your mom's decision. If I were you, I will persuade her to accept the treatment ASAP. Chemo + Radiation are not really unbearable (although I never experience it) that it worths a try. Life is precious. don't let every possibilities go. Try to encourage her.