An off Day/Update 2-24

Flyman35

Sorry I didn't make it to chat last night. I had an off day. Yesterday was the anniversary of the day I buried my angel sister-in-law Bridget and my Aunt Viv.

Tom also happened to read the obits yesterday and found out that his old friend Ken Miles passed away from cancer. We don't know what kind took him but Tom will be going to the wake tomorrow with Vivienne and pay his respects. It was because of this man that Tom decided to start flying and get his pilots license. Then he went to Grammy D's for breakfast and one of his counter criiter buddies was just just diagnosed with SCLC.

Last but not least. I started having some strange chest pains yesterday. I am not sure what that is all about. I have had anxiety attacks before that gave me pains but this is different. It like nothing I have ever felt before. It comes and goes but mostly when I am up and moving. It's not so bad sitting down but still there. I may just have to go to the doctor today and see what he says.

Denise

Remebr in order to take care of Tom and Family you have to take care of yourself first Its the first rule of beinga caregiver. Get it checked out to be safe !!!!

Hi Everyone-

I just got a call from Denise - she went to the hospital yesterday with chest pains and they admitted her. She is feeling better but is on oxygen (as a precautionary measure) and is waiting for the results of her stress test which she just had done this afternoon. She said the chest pains were on both sides of her chest, raidated to her back and up to her jaw. She is supposed to let me know what the results of the stress test are when she gets them and I will let everyone know.

GET BETTER QUICK DENISE!!!!!! WE MISS YOU!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Oh Honey, I'M HOME!!!!

Thanks for posting for me Patti. I would have called you back but we talked so long earlier that my cell phone died.

My stress test and other tests all came back negative. Which I suppose is a good thing but it does not explain what is happening to me. They used me as a pin cushion and I have the brusies to prove it. It also appears that I am sensitive to the adhesive on the sticky pads for the monitors. I look a fright. :shock:

I still have chest pain but it's no where near as bad as it was. I am to follow up in 2 weeks which is perfectly timed with my complete physical appt. In the mean time I have no restrictions and I will continue to take the Advair and the Combivent.

It turns out that the cancer that Tom's friend had was NSCLC. In the end that is not what killed him. He opted for radiation only and they radiated the whole lung. well why they were working on those issues they missed that he had an abdominal aortic aneurysm. His aneurysm burst and he bled out.

The same thing happened to Tom's daughter Debbie's best friend's husband. He was treated for leukemia at MD Anderson. They had him in remission and then a couple of days ago they were driving in the car and his nose started to bleed. They stopped the car and he got out and before he hit the back bumper he was gone. He also had an aneurysm burst on him. Just a coincidence I hope.

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. I will keep you posted on what happens with me.

Denise

Hey Denise...you just gotta STOP all this nonsense. Don't EVEN make me come out there to Chicago and scare you silly. Glad you are home and doing okay. Do ya think all the stuff you have going on could have created a bit of STRESS????? Sounds like you need some R&R!. Hope you get some.

Kasey

Thank's all. I stayed home today and Monday was already a planned vacation day so I won't go back to work until Tuesday. That should be break enough. 5 days of feels like a vacation. :D

I am feeling better today. A couple of tylenol pm's last night got me a good sleep and I suppose if I take all my meds on a timely schedule it helps. :roll:

When I see the doc for my follow up/yearly complete physical on 3/6 I am going to ask about some anti anxiety pills or something of the sort. We will see if that helps me even more.

Denise

Denise, what you've been going through lately just highlights the stress the caregivers encounter in this cancer journey. Glad you had it checked out though. And remember, the benefit of five days off lies in what you do with the five days--rest and recreation I hope.

Judy in Key Wes

Denise - Glad you are getting some rest. You have been under a lot of stress lately. Anxiety is a tricky thing - I know. Take time for yourself even if you don't feel like you can afford it. Even taking 10 minutes to go to a quiet place and breathe deeply can help you feel better.

I hope you can enjoy the weekend and that your follow-up goes well. Positive thoughts to you and your family!!

Thanks ladies. i had a rather enjoyable few days. I decided to treat myself to a haircut on Saturday afternoon. I went to a place I have never been before wher everything is basically ala carte. All I am going to say about it is. It's hair and it will grow back.

Saturday night we went to dinner at Chili's with friends and had a great time. Sunday morning Viv and I met those same friends for breakfast and then went to Walmart and Target and got Viv all registered for her baby shower on March 28th. Martha got her a crib and its all set up already. Viv just couldn't wait. Only 9 more weeks to go. I'm getting more excited as the days go by.

Sunday afternoon Tom and I went for a long drive and found a far away place to go eat dinner. It was some nice alone time even though most of the time was spent driving.

Then today Tom and I went to the opthamologist and when we got back Viv and I went out to do more shopping and looking. We got invites for the shower and have them all ready to mail out.

It may not sound very restful and it wasn't but I did enjoy myself.

Back to the grind in the morning so I suppose I should get some shut eye.

Denise