Introduction

Guest beeman

My name is Mat. The doctors found a 1.5cm nodule in my left lung. The PET scanwas positive. A needle biopsy collapsed my lung. Surgery was required to repair the damage. The nodule was removed and was non-small cell cancer. My last cat scan was clear. I go in for another one next month. I also have mild COPD . I was a smoker but I have quit.

Hello Mat,

Welcome.

I am sorry that you have been diagnosed with lung cancer, but very glad that you have come here, where there is much information and support.

Others, who know this journey, will be arriving to join in greeting and supporting you.

So far, you have been through so much. It is good news that your last scan was clear, and that you will be having a follow-up soon.

If you would like to tell us more about how you are doing, or if we can be of any help, please do not hesitate. We are always here. You are not alone.

Wishing you the best, Mat.

Barbara

I will join Barb in a warm welcome

I am a newbie to this as well 1B April 08, ULL removed, no treatments and clear checks since then. I have found that the "family" on this site to be there when you need them and are very freindly and extremely supportive.

Take Care

Sarah

Hi Mat-

Welcome. I am sorry that you find the need to be here but you will find the members here to be the best with support and information.

Please continue to post here and please let us know more about you. So glad it seems that they caught your cancer early. Let us know how we can help you.

Hugs - Patti B.

Hi, Mat, welcome to the group! You may not feel very lucky at the moment, but having a single NSCLC nodule found so early and then successfully removed gives you a real shot at a cure, which in the cancer world means 5 consecutive years with no evidence of disease. Most of us never have any indication of a problem until we're at a more advanced stage, and it would be interesting to hear what led to the discovery in your case. A follow-up on your COPD?

I hope the COPD remains mild and clear scans become a routine part of your future. Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Hi Mat and welcome. I had a left lower lobectomy in 2006 (1.8 cm-bigger than yours) and have had been clear since then. I am sorry you have a need to be here; however, the people here are caring and informative. Keep us posted as to how things are going with you.

By the way, congrats on quitting smoking - it is very difficult to do - you must be proud of yourself.

Linda

Hi Mat and a warm welcome to this site. Congrats on your success to date. As Ned said, it is not often enough that lc is detected at its early stages and it would be interesting to know your story. This site is full of caring knowledgable people and I hope you stick around and let us get to know you better. Continued best wishes

Sandra

Hi Matt,

Sorry you had to join our wonderful group, but am glad you found us. Glad to hear they caught it early for you. You can read my story by clicking on below my name.

Hope you'll stick around and let us get to know you, and offer offer hope to others that are traveling this journey. There is life after Lung Cancer!

:wink:

Thank you for all your kind words. I have been lucky that my nodule was found early. The ct guided biopsy didn't go well but I am over that. All I can do is hope and wait.

You sound so very much in the name of positive thinking. Keep that going. :D

Please, we would love it if you would come back if you so wish, and fill us in on your story.

It would benefit others to know how you were diagnosed early. There many who need to be aware.

I love hearing that people have early diagnosis. It's music to my ears. Unfortunately, my husband was not, but it was due to our not knowing what to request with regard to scanning. We depended too much on doctors.

We are here for you.

Barbara

Actually I had a minor liver problem. I was given a chest X-Ray and the nodule was found. I don't think they actually hit the nodule in the biopsy because the results showed negative. When they went in to repair the damage they removed the nodule they found the non-small cell cancer.