Getting to Know You - Thursday, February 26

Ann

You have four unexpected guests showing up for dinner in less than an hour, you haven't been to the store in days, and you want to impress them with a delicious meal. What do you serve them?

Enough alcohol that they won't notice there isn't even bologna in their non-bread sandwiches!

Actually, I'd probably just pack 'em in the car and head to the local tavern. It's known for its Mexican cuisine (in Michigan) and large portions...

"I" wouldn't serve them anything but Stan (my husband) would just go into the freezer and pull stuff out and serve some fabulous meal. Oh and while he was doing that, he'd probably drive the six or eight miles to town and pick up fresh bread and dessert at Publix. And he'd make it all look easy. But I would be running around tidying up after him so the house and kitchen didn't look like a disaster. Team work!

Judy in Key West

I'd probably head out for dinner also but, if you have all the ingredients here's a wonderful recipe that I've been using for years that's very good and easy, as the lasagna noodles don't have to be boiled before baking.

This one uses regular Lasagna Noodles, but you do not have to boil them 1st.

MARY ELLEN'S ONE STEP LASAGNA

Qty Measurement Preparation Ingredient

--- ----------- ----------- ----------

1 1/2 CUPS WATER

2 JARS 15 1/2 OZ. SPAGHETTI SAUCE

1 BOX 16 OZ. LASAGNA NOODLES

1 CONTAINER 15 OZ. RICOTTA OR COTTAGE CHEESE

8 OZS. THINLY SLICED MOZZARELLA

1/2 CUP GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE

COMBINE 1 1/2 CUPS WATER WITH SPAGHETTI SAUCE IN BOWL. COVER BOTTOM OF

13 X 9 X 2 INCH BAKING DISH WITH 1 1/2 CUPS OF SAUCE.

ARRANGE LAYER OF UNCOOKED NOODLES, SLIGHTLY OVERLAPPING, ON TOP OF SAUCE.

SPREAD HALF THE RICOTTA AND HALF THE MOZZARELLA OVER NOODLES. SPRINKLE

WITH 2 TABLESPOONS PARMESAN. ADD ANOTHER LAYER OF SAUCE.

REPEAT WITH ANOTHER LAYER OF NOODLES, THE REMAINING RICOTTA AND MOZZARELLA AND 2 TABLESPOONS PARMESAN. TOP WITH LAYER OF NOODLES. POUR REMAINING SAUCE OVER; SPREADING EVENLY TO COVER EDGES OF NOODLES. SPRINKLE WITH 1/4 CUP PARMESAN. COVER TIGHTLY WITH HEAVY-DUTY FOIL. SET ON JELLY-ROLL PAN.

BAKE IN PREHEATED MODERATE OVEN (350 DEGREES) FOR ONE HOUR UNTIL KNIFE GOES EASILY THROUGH PASTA. LET STAND, COVERED, ON RACK 10 MINUTES.

Ohhhh Gooody I love mystery basket contests!! At my house right now its Penne With Chicken and Tomatoes and a salad!!

I can look in my pantry and come up with something in minutes!!!!No dessert No time for it and no supplies!