what to expect?

We got mom home from the hospital. She is bed-ridden at this point, too weak to get up, and has a compression fracture in her back. Not sure what to expect now. The doctors figure the cancer is progressing and the last 3 round of chemo she has received since Jan have not helped. Her family dr thought she might only have 2-3 weeks. She has good days and bad. Very confused at times. I don't know if that is the disease or the meds? She thinks she is getting better and will rebound to get out of bed again. I am very confused, not knowing what to expect. I have taken leave from work to stay with mom & dad and help out. I feel like I am already getting tuckered out, as I am 8 months pregnant. Hoping mom makes it to see the baby!

Hi there. Well if she thinks she is going to bounce back then that is a good sign. She is at least still in fighting spirits and I am sure you are supporting her in that. It's also good to hear that you are taking extra time to be with her. I am sure she very much appreciates that. Lots of prayers that she continues to fight and gets to see her grandchild. Take care

Sandra

Is the information that you are getting JUST from a family doc?? I would wonder about that since they are not necessarily that skilled with cancer. Besides, you should NEVER listen to time frames and statistics - they are usually way off base!!

Hoping she continues to get better and please remember to take care of yourself and that little baby!!

Hugs - Patti B.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi J. I am sorry I missed this earlier.

I'm sorry to hear of the progression but it seems your mom still has some fight in her and it's good that she is not giving up. I am sending positive vibes and prayers your way for the strength to make it through.

Congratulations on your upcoming child. My daughter is also 8 months pregnant and I know how stressful it can be while trying to be a caregiver as well.

Take care and remember to take time for yourself.

Denise