Mom is at rest now

AnneBurris

All,

I imagine you've been wondering what has happened recently concerning my mother. With great sadness I report that she passed away Saturday at 1:35 in the afternoon.

She died at home with all her loved ones around her.

Yesterday (as well as today) have been beautiful days. Winter is her favorite time of year. All of the trees are capped with snow, very picturesque - she would be happy.

I'm not usually one to preach to people, but I know this post will get a lot of views so I just wanted to say this one thing. Death and end of life can be a frightening thing if we are unsure of what it holds. If you are fearful or anxious, ask God to come into your life, He really can provide a lot of peace and comfort.

Thank you all for your support and messages. This message board has been the biggest help to me through all of this.

All my love,

Anne

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anne, I am so sorry to hear the news of your mothers passing. I know this is a very difficult time for you. This is a beautiful time of year and it is so sad that we must deal with these things. You are correct that we must ask God to help us in times like this. Please know that you and your family will be in our prayers.

David C

Anne,

I am so sorry for your loss. It has been exactly 7 months since my Mom's passing, and not a day goes by that I do not think of her, but now I am able to do it without tears.

May your faith sustain you through the next part of the journey.

Faylene

Anne,

I am sorry for the passing of your Mother. Words are such tiny, inadequate things at times like these, but they are all I have to let you know you are in my prayers. And, if a time should come you need a shoulder to lean on, you already know there are some pretty broad ones on this board. Be sure to stay in touch.

Dean

Anne,

I am so so very sorry about your mom. I was and still am walking in thoses same shoes right now. My mom died only 4 months ago tomorrow. I still cry, I am still sad and depressed, especially with this time of year.

I wish there was someway I could convey some bit of comfort or peace to you but I have yet to find it myself. I can offer my friendship and my shoulder to cry on, and even a phone number where you can talk to someone who just traveled the road your on right now.

Grieve, cry and scream if you have too. Holding it in is no help. Live for your mom now and when you can, take up the cause in her name. Make something come from the loss of her in her name and honor.

I am here if you want a friend.

Anne,

So sorry to hear about the news of your Mom's passing. Now her spirit is free and no longer bound to a body suffering in pain. It is hard to let go of those we love and what is familar to us. Your Mom is about to embark on a new journey, and you will again see her one day. May the strength of your faith see you through this difficult transition. God bless you and your family.

Cheryl

Anne...So sorry to learn of your mother's passing. Please have comfort in knowing that you were there for here during these difficult days. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God bless!

Im so sorry, but I know your Mom is in a better place and now she will be your angel until you two can meet again in Heaven. May you and your family be showered with love and prayers as you cope losing that special and wonderful person in your life. If you ever need to talk please touch base with me, as I am going through this journey with my Mother as well.

Love and Prayers, God Bless You,

Beth Ann

Anne,

I am saddened to hear that you lost your Mom. The second and very hard part of your journey starts now. You will miss her forever, but you will go on and eventually you will notice that you smile more than you cry when you remember her. I told my son when Hugh died that he was his father's legacy and everytime he looked in the mirror he would see him. It is the same for you, when things seem unbearable just remember that your Mom would want you to be strong and how proud she would be of you.

Dear Anne,

Mothers are totally irreplaceable and you will miss her forever. Only time eases the passing to some extent. Please accept my sympathy for you and all the family in your loss. I'm sure there is great beauty where she abides now. You were a devoted daughter and I know she is proud of you.