3 Years Ago Today

TracyD

Just a quick note to say I'm STILL HERE!

I know I haven't been around much lately, but my life has taken some twists and turns in the past six months that have put cancer at the bottom of my "things to worry about" list. Perhaps when I'm in a better place I will be able to share with you all, right now it is just too painful to think about where my life is at.

As for my cancer, things are going okay. I finished six rounds of Taxotere in December. In the end, my scans showed a small lesion on my spine, some progression in the primary mass, and some improvement in numerous nodules. My doc felt that we could do better so we came up wth a new plan. Radiation to the spine to take care of the met, followed by a clinical trial, IPI 504. Ten rounds of radiation showed no improvement to the met, but it didn't grow either. Scans done prior to getting into the trial showed more progression in my right lung, and a new lesion on my kidney.

The trial drug is given by infusion. I get infusions on days one, four, eight and eleven, followed by ten days off, then repeat. I completed two full cycles and have scans tomorrow. If there is stability or improvement I continue on the trial, if there's progression, I'm out.

To date my symptoms have been good. I was fortunate that for more than two years I had no symptoms other than some mild discomfort on my right side where the tumor was growing. Lately I have been experiencing SOB which comes and goes, but it never goes away completely. I also have back pain for which there doesn't appear to be any explanation for. I take painkillers and see a chiropractor, the pain is manageable, but it never seems to go away. When it comes on it is debilitating to the point where I cannot walk, or stand for any length of time.

I want everyone to know that I am so happy to be here, my kids are my joy, and I will do everything in power to be here for them as long as I can.

Thank you all my LCSC friends for being here.

Tracy

Hi Tracy. Thanks for letting us know you are still here. As I am sure you know, we will always be here for you. I am sorry about whatever else has gone on in your life. Thanks for the update on how you are doing cancer wise...I will keep my fingers crossed that the trial you are on does some good. I can empathize with you about your back pain. I have suffered from it since last May and it is just purely awful...slows you right down. So hopefully something can be done about that as well. Take care and stay well

Sandra

(((Tracy))))

Sorry there are some not so pleasant things going on in your life but happy to learn that cancer-wise you are doing pretty good. Here's hoping that the trial is your silver bullet!!!

Hey, I am one of the Class of '06, too, and you can't keep us down!!! :D:D:D

Hugs - Patti B.

(((Tracy))) ~ you know our thougts and prayers are with you always. Missed you the other week and got to chat with the man of the house. Hope he told you. Who knew 3 years ago where you would be today, huh? Here's to the post you'll be making 3 years from today. And I'm holding onto hope that your scans tomorrow will bring good news.

We love you,

Aunt Kasey (and Uncle Fred too, of course)

Tracy, I'd been following your progress on care pages for awhile and am glad to hear a progress report. I agree with others who think cancer is just about enough for anyone to have to deal with. I admire your courage in dealing with the bad stuff and maintaining your positive attitude in your cancer fight. Children are positive motivators aren't they!

Judy in Key West

Tracy,

So good to see you posting. I'm sorry things are so rough for you right now. Let's hope that good news from your recent scans will help to brighten your spirits. Know you are in my prayers every day. Will light a candle for your tomorrow at Holy Angeles. You are a fighter, and we will always be here for you. Ellie

• 2 weeks later...

Tracy,

I'm so glad you checked in, I have been thinking about you. I'm sorry you are going through rough times besides having to deal with this crappy cancer but as a fellow class of "06, I know you are tough and can continue to beat this thing.

Stay strong, stay well and call me if you ever want to talk, I'm not far.

Lilly