It's been a year

jaminkw

I've not been onsite much lately but wanted to share this with my online famly. It's been a year today since I did the happy dance at MDACC when they told me my stage IIIb lung cancer was in remission. I'm celebrating BUT....because I stayed on Avastin maintenance until the following Nov 4th, I'm reserving the big celebration when the PET scan lights up "nothing" and the CT scan shows "nothing" when I get my next scans on May 5. That will be six months off treatment.

Judy in Key West

Hey, Judy, you don't need to hold back until May 5 — make all 35 days between now and that milestone part of the same celebration! Don't worry, you're not going to jinx anything, and we all owe it to ourselves to celebrate every chance we get. Aloha,

Ned

That is AWESOME news my friend! Thanks for sharing and letting us celebrate your good news milestone with you. Of course your upcoming tests will confirm your good news and you have my ongoing prayers for that. Keep up the good work. I know you are celebrating everyday as you always live life to the fullest!

Sandra

Well, Judy, I've started celebrating already and will continue the whole way to May 5. Many many happy happy wishes to you friend, and heres' to so many more years of good news that we lose count! So glad you're doing so well!

Kasey

THAT'S GREAT!!!

I'm very happy for you, Judy. I do understand your reservations, as I am following in your footsteps. That said, they're right. We have to appreciate and celebrate every great moment, lest we miss the opportunity to be mentally free of the nightmare. Live it up, Hun. Scoot them shoes and don't forget to smile, 'cause it makes your face happy.

Will

Thank you all for your well-wishes. It means a lot to me. And Will, great to see you come out of the woodwork. You can follow me any time LOL. And Lynn, I'll email you as soon as comcast lets me get into my email box again.

Judy in Key West

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Judy....sorry getting to this one late....but just wanted to say ..prayers are in for a perfect ct/scan in May...and only a few day's away....keep us posted...we'll be rooting for you...

hugs...from one nonni to another nonni '-)