Do scans get easier?

jstdzy

Hi there. It's commonly referred to as "scanxiety" here and I hate to tell you but it does not necessarily get any easier. Waiting to find out the results can be pure torture. Some try and stay busy to take their mind off of it. At my clinic, the written results of the scan are available for patients to pick up. So I usually try to get them and read them before I see the med onc. That way I am not receiving the results "cold" and can have my questions ready for my appt. So hang in there and try and find something to take it off your mind. Easier said than done. I sending you prayers for a clean scan. Take care

Sandra

Scanxiety is the worse!!! For me, it never goes away!!! I get so worked up I could puke!!! I am fortunate, however, that I get my scan results the day after my scan. There are people here who have to wait a week or two and I have to tell you that I could not do that.

ALWAYS let us know when you are having a scan. Theres really nothing we can do except try to life you up!!

Hang in there girlfriend!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

My mom is 5 years out and my dad 2. On a scale of 1-10, the scanxiety maybe goes down from a 10 to an 8 b/c you get more used to it, but scanxiety still runs high for us after all these years. It is just part of the new normal!

It seems to be okay after the scans and your okay for while, then it comes to scan time again... and it starts.. so no it does not get easier during those times. But at least we are here to help you get through it.

Good luck to you I hope you have GREAT results.

Maryanne :wink:

Like Patty B, I'm lucky that I could my scan results the day after my scans. That makes it more bearable. My scanxiety is not as bad as it used to be, I think I'm just getting used to it. I usually expect the worse and hope for the best.

Lilly