Hello

joanmk

My name is Joan and I am ready to join and help anyone I can in conversation. I am a very good listener. I was diagnosed in July 2007 with stage 4 Lung cancer. This week-end I will be walking in a Lungevity walk a thon. Please keep me in your prayers. It is supposes to be sunny and 50 degrees. Great weather for a walk.

Joan XOXO :D

Hi, Joan, welcome to the group! When you get a chance, it would be great if you'd write up a chronology of your cancer journey to this point, post it in the My Story forum, and make future updates/edits as needed. You can then put a link to that post in the signature/profile block which appears at the bottom of every message you submit. I'll bet you have lots of good tips to offer. Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Welcome Joan. Soon we will be able to celebrate with you 2 years of survival. Hope you have decent weather for the walk. Here in Minnesota they are finally predicting temps up to the 50's and no snow in this weeks forecast! Yippee! Keep us posted on how it goes and how you are doing.

Donna G

Hello Joan,

As you have asked, Joan, I will keep you in my prayers, and congratulations on being a survivor.

My husband, although originally staged IIIB Adenocarcinoma, did progress to Stage IV that first year, and has been a survivor, as well.

You have come to where there is understanding, lots of input, and very good information. I don't know what I would be thinking/doing if this community did not exist. To me, it's an oasis, where we all meet to "keep strong."

Because there is that having "walked the walk," either as a survivor, or caregiver, there is earnest support.

Thinking of walking, hope your LUNGevity walk a thon turned out successful last Sunday - weatherwise - and all.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Oh, almost forgot, (((warm welcome))) to the group, Joan. :)

Barbara