The bus stopped here...

Snowflake

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt joking about getting on that trip. From what I have read about your crew and navigation team you may very well end up over by Africa instead of Hawaii. On a bright note tho,I don't think the pirates will keep you guys hostage to long once they realize what they are dealing with. :D

Don't worry about the flippin' pirates, I'm tellin' ya. They wouldn't be able to handle us liberated women, they like to keep theirs ten paces behind and wrapped in a black sheet from head to toe. I don't think they'd get beyond the idea that some curly-topped blonde was kicking the crap out of them dressed in a t-shirt and jeans!

I'm not worried about no stinkin' pirates, I'm ARMED! ;)

O.k. my grandson helped me plot states we need to stop at on the way. Becky, if you could shoot over to Wisconsin, then up to the Canada border, then on further northwest (depending on Bruce's and Sandra's stop) to Washington, southeast to Texas, back up to Illinois, then east to Pennsylvania, then due south to Key West then onto Hawaii.

Now folk, we need help with the stops within states so give us your stop or you'll miss the bus. That is especially true for Sandra and Bruce. I see you on the map but we need you two to pick a spot and meet us at the border. You gals on mainland FL, I guess Ann first, then Lynn, and then Muriel? Did I miss anyone in FL besides me in Key West? Mike, I don't think that navigation is so bad if you look at it in big broad strokes (not too closely). If I have missed anyone JUST GIVE A SHOUT!

Judy in Key West

Swing across the mountains of East TN and I'll hop on. I promised myself when I was dx 6 years ago I was going to see the beach for the first time in my life. Well 6 years later and no beach. Hurry down my way. Dont wait till July tho cause if you do, I won't be in TN. I will be at the BEACH for 2 weeks. :D:D:D

Hey Bruce! Where you been? I am so glad you're getting your butt out of Dollywood and hitting the beach. I guess the chicken cult will have to cancel that delivery we had coming your way. Good to see you on here.

Beck, we definately have to swing by for Bruce.

"Snowflake" I'll pick up a crate of chicks before I leave, just in case they're needed...

Hmmm... When I was in college (admittedly that was over a half-century ago) "chicks" was slang for "friendly girls" among the "hip" crowd, especially the musicians I hung around with. That term seems to have fallen out of use, and these days some less flattering words are used instead. But before we start to get the wrong idea, maybe Snowflake should clarify. :?

Ned

Becky, all those who know me well know I LOVE baby chicks. In the spring when I was a little girl on the farm, they brought about a hundred chicks into a chicken coop with a central heater. I used to sit on the floor of the chicken coop and let the babies scramble over and around me. So please please can I be in charge of the chicks while you drive??? We have chickens and roosters running all over Key West though and they are a little controversial. We'll have to be careful none of ours get loose. They'll never leave here and half the populace will be very unhappy with the increase what with digging up gardens and flowers and all.

Judy in Key West

The bus is going to roll out, but I need to pick up someone who can drive right soon. I have four exams due in by Friday and need to hit the books and the 'Net to get these tests turned in. I know that SOME people can read while they drive, but that makes me nervous...

Yes, Ginny, please start a collection for fuel and feed. I just paid for next term's classes and the first tank of gas, I don't even have enough left over for a hamburger! How long does it take chickens to grow up to deep frying age? LOL

Becky Snowflake, I've yet to see something that I can't drive so...I'll drive and you can study. But...one problem...can you get your butt (I meant bus) to Florida and pick me up. After you get here, I'll take over driving while you study. Like Muriel, I'm wanna see that bus rolling down the highway!!!

O.k. you guys, a little protest here. I don't know about dogs guarding baby chicks. Doesn't sound o.k. to me. What if your dogs have a little "fox" in them!

Bruce, where are you? Are you going to let them get away with that. I know you're real love is buffalo but an animal lover is an animal lover. I expect you to help me protect those sweet little chicks. You like chicks don't you?

Judy in Key West