Barb73 Posted April 8, 2009 Share Posted April 8, 2009 This will be a quick rundown. Bill will need another scan (MRI) of the shoulder. The CT scans came back STABLE in chest/lungs. Nothing different since last September, 2008. The lone neck nodule grew twice the size from 11 mm to 22 mm. (I call that a rogue node.) The neck nodule will be addressed either by surgery, or by RFA (I am hoping for radiofrequency ablation). Radiation was already applied to that area two years ago, so that's a no go. The end determination was to have Bill retake the Tarceva. He has been off it for one week. It seems to have done the trick on the chest area, holding everything stable there. As to the shoulder, and the need for an MRI, is that it has NOT shown up on CT scan, although it gives Bill reason be in bit of discomfort in that area. Of course, it could have been missed (that can happen with scans), but at any rate, it will be looked into more closely. It could be "something," or it could be a problem with the muscle. Either way, we do want to know. Bill began the Tarceva again this morning. I told our daughter, Jeanne, about the results, and her take on the whole thing was that it was mainly good news. We tend to lean in that direction, too. I read our copy of the results, as well, and I don't see anything different than our oncologist saw. Sorry this has become more lengthy, but I know there are things to ponder, and so many of you out there are following test results thread. I had been updating in "Bill's Story," but thought it proper to bring it here for perusal, and your opinions. Love you all,and ask for prayers. My belief is that they are most powerful, and hope you will remember Bill in your thoughts and prayers. He will be going for the MRI in a few days. Gratefully, Barbara Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.