My Mom - Nita Brown

tnmynatt

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ocala/ ... =125882037

Brown, Rosalie Jaunita "Nita" Freeman, 85

Ocala - Rosalie Jaunita "Nita" Freeman Brown, 85, passed away on April 6, 2009. Born in Pierce, Florida (Polk County) on May 31, 1923 to Samuel and Anna Freeman. She was truly ahead of her time. She graduated nurses training in 1945 from Mound Park Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL and used her nursing skills as a train stewardess from 1946 1951 For Seaboard Coastline Railroad. She was an Army nurse (First Lieutenant) with duty in Japan from 1951 -1953. She married in 1953 and worked two jobs (nursing and real estate) while raising a family. She enjoyed living in Ocala during her retirement years playing golf at Golden Hills Golf & Turf CM. She was a member of First United Methodist Church of Dunnellon, FL. She was preceded in death by parents, sisters Thetis Salts and Oleen Jones, son Augustus Edward Brown, and husband, David Adolphua Brown. She is survived by her brother Samuel Freeman (Helen), Waukesha, WI; sister, Imogene Yvonne Smith, Dowling Park, FL; children David A. Brown II, Jacksonville, FL; Tina Mynatt of Alcoa, TN; Gloria J. Brown, Pigeon Forge, TN; special nephew Jack Jones and friend Zanita Chastain Tampa, FL; grandchildren Rebecca, Jonathan and Caroline Brown, Hershey, PA; Rachel and Amanda Mynatt, Alcoa, TN; Augusta Brown Aultom (Matthew), Alcoa, TN; and Hannah Dyer, Pigeon Forge, TN; and many nieces and nephews. Nita had many special friends that faithfully supported her in addition to The Bridge Assisted Living Staff Life Care Physical Therapy and Hospice Estellel's house nurses and staff. Funeral services for Mrs. Brown will be on Friday, April 10, 2009 at 10:30 am at Dunnellon Memorial Gardens with Rev Eddie Fulford of First United Methodist Church of Dunnellon officiating. Visitation will be Thursday, April 9, 2009 from 6 - 8 p.m. A celebration of her life will be held at Golden Hills Golf & Turf Club following the Friday burial. Those who wish may make a donation to the Breath of Life Support Foundation, Inc. (established by her daughter, Tina, to support lung cancer patients), PO Box 1036, Louisville, TN 37777; Hospice of Marion County, PO Box 4860, Ocala, FL 34478 or at their website http://www.hospiceofmarion.com; or your favorite charity. ROBERTS FUNERAL HOME of Dunnellon is in charge of all arrangements.

• 2 weeks later...

Tina, I am sorry this is late as I was away for 3 weeks and just read this obit.

I am so so sorry for the loss of your mom. You certainly had enough heart ache in your life with this disease. You seem to have quite a large family and please take comfort with each other.

You were a wonderful daughter who was right by her side. She was very lucky to have you as you were to have her.

My deepest condolences goes out to you my friend,

Maryanne :cry: