Just a quick intro

sandynd

Hello everyone!

Just a quick intro as I just posted a long story elsewhere here. I'm a mid-50s gal who is caring for my 81 year old mom who has stage iv non-small cell lung cancer. She has opted for no treatment and we are just living one day at a time. Many struggles, heartaches, and fears ~ I guess that's normal.

I'm living with her in an apartment. I'm married, but my husband is clear across the state and I see him once every three or four weeks. He is a saint to be so understanding! I have taken a semi-leave from my job, going back every three or four weeks for a few days to "take care of business."

Right now I'm feeling lost and alone one minute and at peace the next. It is such a mixed bag of feelings. I am grateful for the time mom and I have right now, but wondering what the future (i.e., each day) will bring.

Thanks for being here!

Welcome to this site, you will find everyone very helpful and extremely nice. I found out just the other day that my Mom probably has lung cancer. She is 84 years old and is just going to watch the spot on her lung. She quit smoking over 30 years ago and is not in the best of health. She doesn't want to go through any testing because of her frail health. We are fortunate that my younger brother lives with her and can help take care of her.

All the best and hang in there

Sarah

Hi Sandy. So sorry to hear about your mom but glad you found this site. You are blessed to be able to spend this time with her however difficult it might be. Just take it one day at a time and enjoy your time together. And please come here as often as you need with any questions or just for support. We understand what you and your mom are going through. Take care

Sandra