sunnyside Posted April 22, 2009 Share Posted April 22, 2009 I had a scan last Tuesday after my second cycle of Cisplatin/Taxotere. My oncologist wanted to wait until after at least the 3rd cycle but I felt so awful on that stuff that I told him I wouldn't do more than 2 without some evidence that it was working. The scan showed that it has not been working with progression of all bony lesions and the right adrenal lesion. I went to Dana-Farber to be evaluated for eligibility for a clinical trial on Thursday and, while they will test the tissue obtained at a second biopsy in late March for the genetic mutations that they have drugs on trial for, they are much more concerned about the metastasis in my left hip. It has grown since my scan in March and there is concern about structural stability of the hip. So I am on a treatment hiatus (thank goodness!) and will see an orthopedic oncologist at Yale on Friday so we can decide what to do about the hip. I may actually require hip replacement but Dana-Farber thinks my cancer is slow-growing enough to warrant going ahead with that surgery and that sounds like good news to me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.