Hi my name is Donny, diagnosed 1/08

right upper lobectomy 3/31/08

CT scan 4/11/08, clear

CT scan, 10/ 08, esophageal lymph nodes enlarged

Film at 11 of esophogas

PET scan

Cisplaten begins 12/3/08 with 37 radiation treatments

CT scan 4/6/09, clear but pneumonitis from the radiation

and anemia which prevent my next rounds of preventive chemo.

5/09 Bronchoscopy shows inflammation from radiation

but clear otherwise.

6/4/09 Will start Carboplatin / Alimta, hopefully eradicate any molecular level Squamus.

Glad I found you all.

Hi Donny. So sorry for your need to be here but glad you found us. There are many of us here who have walked in your shoes and have lots of information to share and support to give. Prayers that you get the pneumonitis looked after and can resume treatments. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Sanra

Hi, Donny, welcome to the group! I didn't have radiation since my cancer story began with a malignant pleural effusion, but I know that many, many people have experienced radiation pneumonitis. If you haven't already, may I suggest that you also visit cancergrace.org (GRACE — Global Resource for Advancing Cancer Education). GRACE is led by Dr. Howard "Jack" West, a Seattle oncologist who is an internationally-recognized expert on lung cancer and who gives high priority to promptly answering questions online. A lot of us are "dual citizens" and have the same usernames there as here.

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Donny, welcome to the boards. This is the place to be when you're travelling this road. Lots of caring informative people here. I agree with Ned. Dr West and his site was an important resource for me during my first year battling this dread disease.

Ask questions, vent or just share what you are feeling. It's all good here.

Judy in Key West

I am so grateful for the warm welcome and the caring here. No matter how tough or funny or cool I may want to appear this journey still scares the heck out of me. Having such a history of LC in my family and having smoked for 30+ yrs made me sure that this was the end for me. Heck this is just another beginning. TG i got off the ciggys when I did tho. Thanks everyone and I plan to be here.

GOD loves you all and so do I.

Donny

Welcome Donny,

Sorry you needed to find us, but I'm glad you did. You'll find alot of good info here and ton's of support from some great people.

Take a minute and read over my story below my signiture. I know all to well about family history. :roll: But I have also learned this disease is beatable and treatable, which is something I never thought to be true. :wink:

Look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome Donny-- I'm glad you found us. All of us are scared and we would not be human if we weren't. As mentioned read other members profiles/stories and you will find that there is hope. Lots of information here so ask away, changes are someone has been there done that. Stay with us and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Rich

Wecome Donny. Glad you found us! I can attest this is really a rough road to travel. During my treatment I took Cisplatin and daily radiation ( plus Etopiside) You notice I am over 11 years since diagnosis and no evidence of disease (NED). You can read my story clicky on the link below. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Donna G