I wish I didn't have to post this....

jang

But my doctor seems to think my cancer may be back. After 4 years of being cancer free, he is seeing an area on the left lung (where I had my lobectomy four years ago) and also many tiny areas on the right lung. This is not at all what I wanted to hear, but I am trying to stay as positive as I can. I have a biopsy (of the spot on the left lung) on Thursday and will get the results next Tuesday. If the spot is cancer, they will start chemo immediately. You guys have all been such great support for me in the past, and although I'm not on the board as much as I'd like to be, I'm sure I can count on you all for the support I may need in the future. Please pray for me over the next week. I'd love to hear the doctor say that it is just inflamation, give me an antibotic, and go on with my life. But I have to come to terms with the idea that it may be cancer again. Of course, I will let you know as soon as I find out.

Oh Jan,

Not what we want to hear for sure, but please know I'm thinking the same way you are, it's an infection and you'll be fine. Sending positive vibes and prayers your way. Hang in there. You sure can count on me being here for you. Oh kiddo, I'm sending hugs your way too.

Prayers, prayers, prayers coming your way.

Yes, Jan, the folks on this board are ALWAYS here for those who need us! I'm sorry you had tho hear the words those of us lucky enough to travel with NED for a time fear. You've been around here long enough to know that it does no good to put the cart before the horse (Don Wood) so let's try not to do that.

So.....now time for us to step back, lift up our heads, and move forward with determination to deal with what MAY be coming. We are all here to do it with you. In fact, I'm only in PA ~ we're neighbors ~ and I travel to NIH often. Are you anywhere near there? We'll have to talk and see about meeting up ~ IF that's something you think may be helpful.

I'm just sorry - that's all. Oh, of course thoughts and prayers for you!

Kasey

Jan,

So sorry you had to come back with such scary news. Many healthy thoughts coming your way. You're doing what you need to do--hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. Let's hope the best prevails. Keep us updated.

Judy in Key West

That's rotten news Jan. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare for a new round of treatment. You've already proved to be a good fighter, so you can kick the cancer's butt again. I'm just sorry you have to go through it.

((((Jan))))

Susan

Hey Jan....

Just wanted you to know that I HAVE been praying for you and so has Phil....I told him to light a special candle for you at Mass....

Remember what we talked about...we will not jump the gun...we will stay positive and pray....and what ever the situation is...you WILL deal with it..

in the meantime...think 'it's nothing'....

Call me if you want to or pm me...I will alway's be there for you...

love ya girlfriend

Pam