Tuesday's Air

jaminkw

Good morning, good morning, good morning to you! It's only 11 am and that's meant to be sung. But be glad your computer doesn't have sound. I have an awful voice. Do you remember Alphafa? When we were dating, my husband used to pull up a piece of my hair on top of my head when I sang.

It's a beautiful day in Key West. What's new but what we'd like to see new is for the wind to lay down. We love our ocean breezes but this is ridiculous. The wind blows endlessly. It's wrecked havoc with fishing and that's common in the winter, but it should be lying down by.

I'm trying to get the RV ready for the trip to Orlando and at the same time not reactivate whatever I had that laid me low for a couple of weeks or more. I love life and don't like spending so much of it sitting on my butt!

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Waking to another overcast day (yesterday did end up with a pretty blue sky). Headed out tonight for dinner with a couple of online (a food forum) friends! Slept 10 hours last night, I should make it thru an early evening tonight.

Duh, I replied to Monday's Air (continuing the bird theme, one of my favorites) and it's Tuesday!

ts, ten hours sleep is my favorite night's sleep number. I did it last night too and will be glad I did as I'll be going out to dinner with my cancer-group lady friends. Ain't life grand!

Judy in Key West

Should be a nice day in Hawaii, though it's still too dark to see much. I'll be heading down the hill to my oncology clinic in 90 minutes for my first infusion with the Carbplatin/Alimta combination, both parts of which I've had in other regimens, so I'm not anticipating any problems. As of 2 days ago I finally seem to be over that yukky Cisplatin experience, so I'll be driving myself to the appointment. In the unlikely event that I have some sort of reaction, my wife can take a retired next-door neighbor with her to pick me up, and he can drive my car back home. Backup plans are a great mind reliever, and the fact that we have terrific neighbors on both sides is a real blessing. This afternoon I have a couple of priting jobs to finish up in the garage, so I'll check back in then! Aloha,

Ned

And a good morning to all from me as well.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Judy and that you have the energy to get off your butt!

ts, we are close neighbours. It was sunny here all day yesterday but the clouds and possible rain have arrived today. Forecast for the rest of the week is sun though. I hope your weather improves as well.

Wishing you lots of luck with your treatment Ned and no nasty side effects. Yes having good neighbours is a blessing. We have many around us as well. Always at the ready to lend a helping hand.

I had to get up real early for me so did not get my usual 9 hours sleep. Had an appt with my med onc. After a baseline CT I will be starting navelbine.

Have an awesome day everyone!

Sandra

Good afternoon everybody!! It takes me a little while to get started each day! My green oozy tarceva head has now turned into a bald scabby tarceva head - that itches and hurts and makes it harder and harder to get out of bed - but then - GOD IS GOOD!

Because it is so hard to feel sorry for yourself when the temperature is 80 the sky is blue - the forsythia, and cherry trees are in bloom, the grass is filled with purple violets and yellow dandelions (because I don't use chem lawn - re: Monday's air!) And just now a bright red cardinal landed on my garden angel and just looked at me for a few minutes! All to remind me that bald itchiness is okay as long as the Tarceva is working!

I wish you loads of luck on your new treatment Ned -

And Judy - so glad to have you back starting the air!!!!!

Okay - i am going to try to post a picture of the view from my back door right now - haha

101_4148.jpg

WOW - I did it!!!! I am very proud of myself!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Oh no, I lost the whole post!

Anyway, bless you Janet that you can think positive when you have those tarceva side effects. So sorry you are having to go through that. But your cardinal should meet my cardinal. We used to have them winter over but not this year. This guy just turned up recently and he always makes me smile too. What a beautiful flowering tree. I'm always proud when I can get a pic to post correctly. But then Ned was my teacher!

Ned and Sandra, we'll be waiting for updates for your respective treatment and CT. Good luck on both scores. And Mike, we're always glad when you check in. I'd like the tree answer too.

Have a great day everyone. Obviously I am (goofing off!). One of the main reasons for the Airs folk is to encourage other new comers to post and begin to feel at home here.

Judy in Key West

Hey guys - the tree in the first picture is a Yoshino Cherry tree. It is ornamental - only the birds like the cherries - but beautiful. The blossoms are the palest of pink and in the summer it is a canopy of green under which I read and nap.

Now that I am a pro - haha - i will post a picture from out my front door - this is a peach tree. It is pretty right now and then it is the ugliest, messiest tree I have ever seen. Because we don't use chemicals (again, re: Mondays air!) the peaches never fully form - they just wither and make a mess all over the lawn. Every year I threaten to chop it down - but I just don't have the heart!!

101_4149.jpg

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!

Janet, I can't imagine that lovely tree being ugly! I wouldn't be able to cut it down either no matter the mess. But peaches are my favorite fruit. Isn't there something organic you can treat it with to get peaches? I'd die with a peach tree and no peaches.

Judy in Key West

Treatment went fine, with no problems to date. The infusion, including the premeds, Carboplatin, Alimta, and a brief flush was only 1 hour 40 minutes, far better than the 7 hours for Cisplatin/Alimta plus 3 hours more hydration the next day and then the next. And I don't have to go back tomorrow for a Neulasta shot! I'll be finishing my Decadron tablets tomorrow, then I imagine I'll have some fatigue starting Thursday, and I hope that will be about it.

But still have to finish collating my printing job, so bye for now.

Ned