Getting to KNow You - Monday, May 4

Ann

Easy one - Bad Neighbor - Our house is the only one in the neighborhood badly in need of a coat of paint! Just one of those expenses we couldn't afford with 3 kids - college - etc. And being terrified of heights, I won't let my kids climb that steep ladder!

I guess I might qualify as a good neighbor to some on my street and bad to others. I have never had any problems with any of my neighbors....except one. This neighbor lives four houses down the street from me. He owns a lawn business and I have a really hard time even speaking to him because of a grudge I'm holding. When Dennis was very ill, he couldn't mow the lawn and I didn't have time. I was always driving Dennis for chemo, radiation or doctor visits and holding down a job because we had to keep the health insurance in effect. I knew what several friends of mine in the area were paying for lawn care, so I approached my "neighbor" and asked him for a price. The price he gave me was outrageous, compared to other people I had spoken to. As a result, an older neighbor of mine brought over his riding lawnmower and mowed my grass. I've never been able to get past this, since this man knew how sick Dennis was.

I would say a good neighbor. I only have 1 neighbor on the farm and they live 1/2 mile away. We spend alot of time together when I go down either quading, BBQ'ing, sitting around a campfire, etc. Usually enjoying a pop. LOL

I think I'm a good neighbor, I mind my own business, I wave and smile and chat a little thogh I hardly know anyone. Well except my ex-wife who lives a half block away. Her and I and my current wife are good friends. All we needed was the divorce to fix the relationship. LOL