Scared

carolhg

I just a few minutes ago got a call from my doctor. She was calling to tell me that the results of my fecal occult test was positive. Now I am going to be scheduled for more test. My scans have been clean since my surgery. My question is this: Has anyone ever heard of lung cancer or lung cancer mets showing up in the colon. My doctor said that nothing can be conclusive until I have further tests, but I am so scared. I am not even at home. I am out of town visitng with my daughter for Mother's Day and I won't be back home until next week.

((((((Carol)))))

I am sorry you are going through this, especially when you are away from home. That really sucks.

I don't blame you for being scared but you have to remember how many of us get these scares that turn out to be nothing. No, I have never heard of LC going to your colon, but of course I am not a doc and probably anything is possible.

Easier said than done - but PLEASE try to relax and enjoy your visit this weekend. Unfortunately when we get these scares there is nothing we can do but wait. And remember that your doc said nothing is conclusive yet!!!!

I will say an extra prayer tonight that this is really nothing.

You are a tough cookie, Carol, remember that. And remember that we will all have your back!!!!!!

Lots of extra hugs -

Patti B.

Bummers, Carol, especially on Mother's Day weekend!

But since you've been clear for over 4 years, I would think the chances of it being a lung cancer met are rather small. I did a quick Google for "fecal occult blood test" and found quite a list of possibilities, most of which are not nearly as scary as cancer. My Aloha,

Ned

Hello Carol,My sister and I were just talking about this the other day. She said she also had one turn up positive so they did more tests including a colonospony(spellings off) but hers turned out to be nothing. I also googled it and it said it can be caused by a number of things.(hemmroids,ulcer.or even blood from mouth)besides other things. I know its easier said than done not to worry but it doesnt sound like a met to me either.I pray for good results for you.

Carol (((HUGS)))

I am no expert on this subject, but I would just like to say that in all the hours (days/weeks/months) of research that I have done I have not once read about LC metastasizing to the Colon.

I will be sending positive vibes for good results with this for you!!

(((Carol))),

My emails contain all sorts of cancer information.

No, I have never heard of lung cancer metastasizing to the colon.

I have heard of colon cancer :arrow: metastasizing TO THE LUNG because that was our concern about Bill.

We asked in the beginning if they were sure that the colon cancer hadn't metastasized to his lung. No, they were very sure about that. Evidently, they had that right.

Blood fecal tests are OK, but to actually assess the colon is through a colonoscopy.

Virtual colonoscopies, because they do not show flat polyps (which were the kind Bill had)and since flat polyps can be aggressive, it's good to have an actual colonoscopy.

Blood, as others have noted, can come from other-than cancer.

Carol, I know it's scary. Anytime we have a positive show up on a test, it's downright stomach turning. At least know that you will be checked thoroughly, and that is always good to do.

We are here, and we have got you in thoughts and in prayers.

Love,

Barbara

Carol, Carol, Carol!!!! Hang on, friend. I agree with ALL the previous posts and can not really add anything more of any significance. But you and I are true 'worriers' in the most extreme form, so I can feel myself right in your place. In spite of KNOWING that probably everyone here is right and there is nothing of concern ~ to be able to put it away and not worry over it is quite another story. I just hope you get some further testing done ASAP and can come back here to let us all know that there is nothing that is going to need any further attention.

In the meantime, keep reminding yourself of these past 4 years and how remote the possibility you will be facing some major roadblock. AND please try to enjoy the Mother's Day weekend with your daughter. We are tough cookies, you and I. I bet any 'C' would be scared as he{{ to even get near us!

Take care and know I'm with you in spirit.

Kasey

Carol, I'm so sorry that you got news that worries you while you are away. I hate that doctors give bad news over the phone on weekends or, in this case, when you're on vacation. There's nothing to be done then but wait. And waiting is not what many of us do well. Good luck. Try to relax and have fun.

Judy in Key West

Hi Carol. I agree with the others...that it doesn't seem like you need to worry about the C word. However, a scare none the less that is hard on the best of us. So my thoughts are with you. I hope you enjoy your Mother's Day.

Sandra

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your concern. My tests are scheduled for Jan 9th th and January 18th. That is as soon as I could get an appointment. I will be sure to let you know the results.

Carol

Oh my goodness! I truly did mean June. You would have seen me on the national news having a whack attack if they had made me wait until January.

Carol