Monday's Air

jaminkw

Morning all. It's not yet 7 am and I'm up and getting ready for the 3 hr drive to MDACC. It's my first infusion of Alimta and I know it's going to be o.k. I took a whole mg of Ativan to lull me to sleep so I'm well rested. The worst part of the whole ordeal for me will be all the waiting!

Have a great day. If I can I'll check in when I get back but my grandson had a little melt-down last night so we arranged to see him again when I get back because we're heading back to Key West tomorrow. It was his mom's idea. Not sure it was a good one depending on how tired I am. But I can't deny the boy much of anything.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Judy....I just realized, after reading your post, that you're going to MDACC. If you happen to run into a big, tall, handsome doctor that is loving called "teddy bear, " please say hello for me. That is Dr. Omar Kayalah and he was my Dennis' doctor. He is the most kind and caring doctor that I have ever met in my entire life. Just tell him that Ann King from Brevard County says hello and give him a hug.

For a Monday, today is starting off fairly well. I heard on the news this morning that we may have some rain showers this afternoon and that there is a 30% chance of showers for the remaining afternoons this week. What great news!!! In the summer, we get into a pattern when afternoon showers is the norm and I pray that time is here. My grass is all brown and crunchy, as is everyone's.

I hope all you mom's had a great day yesterday. I spent the day with my children and grandchildren, which was the best thing in life!!!

Ann

I will be thinking of you all day Judy!

I was reading your post Ann and thinking "she wants rain???" Until yesterday we had had a solid 10 days of rain so waking up to a sunny day was more than uplifting.

Today I go back to work in the gardens I started work on yesterday. I always start off so gung ho and then by mid June - the poor gardens get completely left to the weeds!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

I had to wait this morning until the frost advisory lifted so I could remove the covering from my plants. I planted six large pots on Saturday and spent a bit of $$ so I had to protect the babies. Now it's on to planting more seeds and getting books bought for next term (starts Monday).

I'm off! Send down the sunbeams, I'm ready for the bloomin' to begin!

Hi everyone. After a sunny mother's day yesterday we had a bit of rain overnight. It is supposed to be rainy today but the sun is winning for now. All this rain and then sun sure makes for lawns that need to be mowed often. They are greener than green.

I am going for my first navalbine chemo today. I am trying to drink lots before I go to help with my veins. I am a bit nervous about this chemo, much more so than the previous ones. I am not as healthy as I used to be and I am just anxious. I did not have a good night sleep last night so hopefully that will cause me to be relaxed when getting treatment and that will help.

I hope your treatment goes well Judy.

Take care all and happy Monday.

Sandra

Sandra and Judy, I hope all goes well for both of you today!Windy and cloudy here again but I hope to get some yard work done. I coughed up just a speck of red last night and of course that sent all the thoughts in motion again. That is how I finally realized I had more than just bronchitis 4 years ago but the blood was much more streaked and more of it. Hopefully it was just some v8 juice or something else. This is the 1st year I ever planted tomatos by seed. I didnt realize they grew so slow. Have a nice day everyone! :D

Katie....

I actually bought a Topsy Turvy planter but haven't had the time to go out and buy a tomato plant to put in it yet. It does look cool and I really am going to get that plant this week. I'll keep everyone posted.

O.k. even the steroid drip is wearing off and nearly 10 pm but I have to say a friend of mine in Key West grew tomatoes in the topsy turvys. They got so heavy she had to find something to put under the plant to support it LOL. True story.

So far so good with Alimita but I've been so jacked up on steroids how would I know. In addition to the pills I'm taking, they gave me a steriod IV with my infusion. The steriods are to prevent an Altima rash. My onc said we give people these pills and they don't take them and they get the rash. Take the pills. I'm taking the pills! They also gave me a bag of water for hydration. I had been hydrating and hydrating all morning so it's a wonder I didn't float out of there. I want to start a side-effect log like Ned and have nothing to put in it! A lady can hope.

Judy in Key West