Getting to Know You - Thursday, May 14th

Ann

OK....picture this.....

In 1 hour, you can board a private plane and travel to any destination in the United States at absolutely no cost to you. You can stay for two weeks, all expenses paid. Where are you going and why did you pick that destination?

I'm going to Sicily because that's where the family of my Italian mother who died when I was still a baby are from. My grandparents came over but I think there is still some family there. I like to think that's the root of my love for island living came from.

Judy in Key West

OK....we know that Judy is still asleep this morning, reading the posts with one eye partially open. Judy.....anywhere in the United States.....LOL

After all of this waiting, I would be completely content to board Becky Snowflake's bus and travel around the country with my friends.

But, I would love to fly to Colorado and just spend two weeks somewhere in the Gunnison area. My Dennis loved this area and managed to go there once a year during hunting season. I never made the trip with him, so I think I would like to go there, take in all of the beauty of nature that he loved and somehow feel closer to him.

I can drive to Colorado in about 2 hrs, and I stay away from it as much as possible, so I'd be heading back to Alaska and spend a couple weeks on the Kenai. That's a part of it I missed when I was ther and have always sorta regretted it.