Getting to Know You - Friday, May 15th

Ann

Let's talk breakfast......

Do you eat breakfast on a regular basis? If so, do you go for a full breakfast (bacon, eggs, etc) or do you just grab something fast? What's your usual breakfast?

almost every single day it is the same - honey nut cheerios and coffee. BORING!! I mix it up every once in a blue moon with oatmeal and occasionally my husband will make me eggs on a saturday - but usually - just the cheerios!

For many years, I was a very occasional breakfast eater. But, for the past two months, I have been eating breakfast and loving it. I have a friend that lost 13 pounds in four month time span from being on a high fiber diet. I've been copying her regime and am losing weight. This is the first diet that I always feel full. In the morning, I have one of the mini whole wheat bagels, double fiber oatmeal and a small glass of orange juice.

Most of my life, I had just coffee for breakfast, unless I was in a hotel where I could get a real breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, mmm). But in 2004 I began the Atkins diet -- very restricted carbs, no restrictions on protein or fat -- and, when I got to the 'maintenance' stage and allowed myself 25 g of carbs/day, I began having blueberries and (real) sour cream for breakfast -- and I'm still having it. And my little dog gets one blueberry dipped in sour cream. :-)

Btw, as I've said a number of times in the hope of inspiring someone who wants to lose weight but hasn't been able to, I lost 50 lbs that first year and have kept them off with a restricted carb (= starch and sugar) diet. Thanks to the late great Dr. Atkins. :D

Ellen

I have my coffee first then my Activia. After I take Misty out for her walk I have breakfast. Sense I have been dieting I eat a pretty good breakfast. Usually cereal and milk or an English Muffin with egg beaters, Canadian Bacon and fat free cheese with a glass of 1% milk.

Some times I change it up with a pancake or blueberry muffin or oatmeal. I used to never eat breakfast except when we went on a trip. Never knew where we would be at lunch time so I always had some kind of breakfast.