Beating the monster

Shelley (MLC)

Mom's recent PET scan showed some shrinkage and otherwise STABLE disease! We are all so happy for her. For those of you that don't know me or my mom, they found stage IV disease in December 2006. Although she has been on chemo since her diagnosis, with only one very short break, mom continues to live life to the fullest. Please don't give up hope. Anything is possible. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you! Shelley

Shelley-

SO SO happy about your mom!!! Shrinkage is so great!!!! Sometimes it comes as a surprise when you have been on chemo for so long. Thats what just happened to me - 2 1/2 years of stable or progression and all of a sudden there is shrinkage!!! Just when you think thats how its always going to be - BAM!!!!! And you are SO right - there is always hope and none of us should ever, ever give up!!!

Give mom a hug and tell her to keep up the good work!!!!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Patti, I think the Dr. was taken by surprise with the good scan results. Her last one post Tarceva was not good at all and he did not present THAT news at all well. I think he assumed that despite starting a new chemo, she would continue to worsen...I love proving him wrong! I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well.

Shelley

Shelley, I am thrilled to hear the GREAT news about your mom. I have been following her progress since 2006...

Her progress is remarkable for stage IV....this should give so many people out there so much hope. What an inspiring story!

Continued progress

Maryanne :wink:

Hi Shelley,

That is wonderful news about your Mom's recent PET scan. Shrinkage is great to see! Congratulations on the news, and the fact that your Mom is living life to the fullest. :D

Also, add me to the list of those liking that photo. It actually does bring on a smaile. It's contagious. :)

Barbara