LUCANIX- Lung Cancer Vaccine for stage III/IV non small-cell

Notts

Trying to find out if anyone has any information on the new clinical trials for LUCANIX vaccine which could triple the survival time for some patients. I am beginning testing tomorrow to see if I qualify for the project. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated. It is being done at different locations across the acountry and they are only accepting 700. Will be awaiting any and all data that anyone might be able to provide. Thanking you in advance, I am Carol (Ceedee).

Hi Carol,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or might have already read it. This was posted (see link below) by Dr. West (GRACE / OncTalk) regarding Lucanix: A Vaccine Being Tested as a “Maintenance” Strategy in Advanced NSCLC. Have you been over to GRACE, if not might want to ask Dr. West, a great source for information. Hope this helps

Rich

http://cancergrace.org/lung/2008/09/22/lucanix/

Thanks so much for your reply. Went to the Dr. West site and guess now I am more confused than ever. Did go and have my first testing today to see whether or not the results will even let me qualify. Should know something more in a few days. Getting ready to leave for Outer Banks on Thurs. so hope nothing shows up to delay the trip. Hope to be able to stay down as long as possible (the whole summer would be super - if I still continue to feel so good). Thanks again for the help and if you learn anything else - I'm all ears. Carol

Carol here is the official info on the trial being conducted

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/ ... nix&rank=1

Thank you for trying to get into this trial. I hope and pray that you do. I don't think anyone here is a candidate that I am aware of. don't think of yourself as a guinea pig for this whole clinical trial. My Late wife thought that way about trials for a while and I realized later on that participants in trials are not test subjects , but Pioneers!!! Pioneers in the sense that they are helping blaze the way for a cure to this awful disease. Good Luck, Keep us posted, and HAVE a BLAST at the outer banks. Hope ya get to see all the lighthouses out there and the Ponies of Chincoteague Island also!!

I am familiar with OBX cause I live in NC!!!!! :wink:

Thanks again. Have a little Condo down there and have had it for about 5 years. Bought it 6 months before my Husband was told he had lung cancer. He lasted 2 1/2 years, so tried to get him down there as much as possible while he was ill. We both loved it so much. Seen all the sights, so for now it is just a wonderful get away place. Hope I don't have to come back too often for medical stuff. Just want to be able to enjoy the summer down there while I still feel so GOOD! Never know how long this good health is going to last. Where are you in NC? Once again, thanks for your help. Carol

I am in Greensboro! Right smack in the middle of the state!! lost my wife after 3 year fight ! she loved to visit out there when we could afford it!!

Carol: I am also being tested to see if I am eligible for this study. I just had my first CT after chemo/rad and according to the report there was "substantial shrinkage" and for the moment I appear to be stable. Some of my family seem to think I am a little nuts because of the chance of being given a placebo versus the real thing, but it seems to me there isn't much to lose since my doctor isn't suggesting any treatment at the moment and just participating seems to be a good thing to do. I am told that you still receive standard of care, and if there is any growth in the cancer (20%) that you leave the study and go back into whatever treatment your doctor recommends. I can't see the harm, and maybe some good. For me it will mean a monthly out-of-town trip, but I'm just looking at that as a mini vacation.

I don't go up for my first appt. until next week, so you are ahead of me. Would love to know whatever you may have found out.

Diane