Tuesday's Air

jaminkw

It was good catching up with friends on yesterday's Air. Muriel, I'm so glad mother nature got some of our rain up to Ann. We are showing the lowest amount of rainfall in FL since 1932 but Ann's area seems to be feeling the worst of it. Ann, I agree, grass is not supposed to crunch.

Sandra, your holiday coincides with our memorial day weekend. Nice for people to have off and enjoy family. Terrible time to travel. Fortunately we'll be doing it on Wednesday (a little early for the long-weekenders) and again on Sunday when most people are already where they want to be. Have a great holiday with your family. Try to have fun without overdoing, can you do that Sandra? LOL

Janet, sorry for your rainy cold weather. I remember it well even after twenty-some years here in the tropics. What a beautiful family you have. I'm sure Michael will meet his goal and do you proud and you'll share a similar family photo with us in 2011.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Guess what??? It rained here yesterday afternoon and it rained all night long and it just stopped raining!!! Wow...we actually have puddles! Tanner Dog is in shock. Every time he goes out, we have to go out and practically drag him in . He looks so happy as he frolicks around in the rain. It's still very cloudy and the weather forecasters say we should have rain all week. My grass is happy dancing, along with me!

Our American Legion Rider group is building a float for our little Memorial Day parade, here in Melbourne. I think it's going to quite a task to get this done by Monday, especially with the rain. But...none of us are complaining.

I'm so looking forward to having a three day weekend coming up. Since the parade is on Monday, our Post is having a day full of activities following. There won't be much rest but remembering our veterans makes for a very important day. This week will be a breeze compared to next week. On Friday, May 29th, our Legion Riders are serving an ALL-You-Can-Eat Fried Chicken dinner at out Post. I'm cooking the chicken, using my grandmothers recipe. She was born and raised in the hills of Tennessee and was an excellent down home cook. We're also having red beans & rice, mashed potatoes w/gravy, corn on the cob, coleslaw, rolls and tons of pies and cake!!! All for $7.00....anyone want to come to Melbourne????

Hope everyone finds peace today in their little corner of the world.

Good luck Ned. Hope you're living a little more comfortably with your treatments than I am on this new Alimta. Gas, constipation and naseau in that order are my primary problems. I stopped the Senekot after ten days because early yesterday I was feeling pretty good. I had some discomfort inthe afternoon and felt good again this morning until I ate. Guess I went off the Senekot too soon. I've been doing fruit, veggies, fiber cereal, fiber tabs and plenty of water. Nothing seems to work. I'll wait until tonight and start it again. I'm getting ready to go to my face-to-face support group now.

Judy