Question....does a ct/scan of the chest include ribs

nonni

Hi Guys and Gals....

I've been having some pain in my ribs and under the breast bone...I recently had a CT about a month ago and all was OK....I'm just wondering if the Chest/CT covered the ribs....

I think I had this pain before the CT...so if there was anything there would it have showed up....

Thanks for you help

hugs...nonni

Hi Nonni-

Yes, it does because mine usually shows my rib met altho now this last one the radiologist seemed to think it was a healing fracture instead (??????).

Hope all is OK and that its just a pulled muscle or something very simple like that.

Hugs - Patti B,.

Hey Girls....thanks for the answer...I kinda thought that it did cover the ribs but wanted to make sure....this is not a new pain ....have it every now and then and I have had many exray's since then....don't want to call the doc cause like I said...right away he will say go for a test....I'm already lighting up with all the damn radiation from exray's...ha....and like I said...I just had one....just wanted to get some answer's from you guys....

hugs...nonni

nonni, I see no one has been able to answer your question. I'm not sure I can either. My CTs cover chest, adomen and pelvis and it says that on the orders. Good luck. Maybe you could ask on cancergrace. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Judy in Key West (the other nonnie)