Out of Curiousity.............

RandyW

thanks for the update I had not heard this as I just got home From Mom and dads for Dinner!!

I can understand both sides to a point. I don't believe that the government should interfer in a lot of things but life and death is not one of them.

Years ago I knew a young woman whose child was very sick. The child was illegitamate but she got religion after he was born. He was a year old when he started with a fever that went up to 106 and his mother refused to take him to the hospital. The little boy died.

To me she was guilty of murder. Had that child been old enough and mentally capable of refusing a doctor himself then I would agree. As parents we have a responsiblity to our children. Keeping them alive is the biggest of all. Later when this same woman got sick she ran to the doctor. So much for her beliefs.

Everyday we hear of people who have fought with everything they have to beat cancer and live. Often they suffer a lot but they don't give up. Many of us have lost love ones to this monster. They would have givien anything for something that they knew would save their life. To give up and refuse treatment to a child that has been proven to work is criminal.

Both parents went to court today and have agreed that their son DOES need chemo to save his life. Apparently, a tumor is pressing on his trachea and he has pain that he himself is rating a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.

He begins chemo on Thursday.

I pray that this child gets better.

Hugs - Patti B.