Getting to Know You - Wednesday, May 27

Ann

If you were eating at an All-You-Can-Eat Fried Chicken Dinner, how many pieces of chicken would you eat?

***This is a question that is going to be very beneficial to me. Our Legion Riders is cooking an AUCE chicken dinner Friday night and I'm in charge. I think I have enough chicken on order but just want to make sure, so I thought I'd get your opinion.

You guys wish me the best on this one. I've done dinners at our Post before but none this big. We've already sold enough tickets to plan for 200 dinners. Wish you guys could be here. In addition to the chicken, I'm cooking red beans & rice, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, coleslaw, yeast rolls and..........all of the ladies are bringing homemade pies, cakes, brownies and cobblers. We sold advance tickets for $7.00. What a bargain!!! I have a feeling I'm going to be totally out of it on Saturday!!!

Good luck Ann. I would most likely stop at 2 pieces as I would not want to appear to be a gluton. With all that extra food I would need to leave room to enjoy it. $7.00 is a sure bargain. I think I need to make my way to FL. :lol:

Denise

Out of deference to my patron saint, Dr. Atkins, I'd have to scrape off the breading, but, once I've done that, I'll just pig out so long as I can get legs and wings! That'll also help me not give in to the red beans and rice, corn, cakes, pies, and other yummy carbohydrates. :lol:

What exactly is the nearest airport to your house? :wink:

Ellen

Closest airport would be the Melbourne International Airport in Melbourne, Florida. Small airport so not sure how it became an "international" airport. Most people from around here fly in and out of Orlando, since the rates are much lower and there are more flights. So, all of you guys can just fly in to either airport and that will be fine.

If Becky Snowflake was a really fast driver, you might be able to get here by bus!!!

I did all my baking last night. I made two Gooey Butter Cakes, using Paula Deen's recipe. One is the original recipe and the second is the Gooey Carrot Cake. I also made an Inside Pineapple Upside Cake and a Orange Dreamsicle Cake. Boy, did my house smell great last night.

I'm here at work until 10:30 and then it's home to make red beans & rice for 150-200 people.

Cross your fingers and say a little prayer!~!~