CT results for Mom and asking for prayers!!!

shineladysue

This was the second CT scan that my mom has had since her surgery the end of October'08. That was her second surgery and the doctor removed the top part of the right upper lobe for what was a suspicious new nodule.. but all pathology reports showed no malignancy.. The doctor felt the surgery was for the cure. The first follow up CT showed a bit of thickening along the line of surgery and it was thought it was scar tissue and healing. The plan was to wait and see and have another follow up , which brings us to where we are now...

Mom just had her CT it shows the surgical incision line has thickened further. The oncologist believes it looks like cancer, but he can't be sure . The plan is a needle biopsy to confirm or rule out. Treatment options would not include surgery because he fears she wouldn't survive it, radiation is also not an option in his opinion due to the fact her breathing is so compromised by her emphysema and prior two surgeries. He hinted at chemo, but mom fears she couldn't handle that. She tried Tarceva in the past and had severe reactions. Soooo, it's all up in the air until she has the appointment for her biopsy , gets the results and discuss options then. This leaves us reeling a bit because Mom is doing so well these days . Mom says " no tears, I want everyone cheerful and to go on with life as usual", so I promised her we will all just take it one day at a time and do what we need to do when the need arises, just as we do all things in the family. The one thing we need more than anything right now is all the positive thoughts and prayers that you can send her way. Thank you so very much for being here for us. My sister, Bonnie ( a lurking member), may be posting soon.

Love and prayers to all,

Sue

(((((((Sue))))))))

So sorry this has happened. I am sending lots of prayers your way.

I am sure you have told her that some chemos these days have little or no side effects. Maybe the doc could convince her to go on something like Avastin or Alimta that is relatively easy to take. But I understand how she feels, my chemo nurse's mom has LC and first started chemos around 10 years ago, went into remission and now it has reared its ugly head again. Her own daughter cannot convince her that she won't have the side effects she did 10 years ago. Hopefully your mom will change her mind.

Hope your sister does come on board - sounds like your family needs some hugs and uplifting from those who "get it". You have always been there for me, Sue, I will be there for you.

Hugs - Patti B.

(((Patti))) ,

Thanks for always being here for me and all of us. I appreciate your input. The first thing is that we still hang on to the possibility that this may not be cancer . The onc even said it might not be. So, first things first, we are praying it's not. If it is, we will then see what the doc suggests. One day at a time, you know what I mean..

Love,

Sue

Prayers first adn Hugs for everyone second Sue!! Remember the advances in Chemo are incredible compared to old chemos and its all about buying Time. But we can cross that road IF we ever get to it though. Saying a prayer that it is nothing major and all is well from this scan!!! Hopefully Bonnie will join us but its up to her though!!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Bonnie Sue's sister (shinelady sue) . Just wanted to thank everyone for sending all the well wishes and prayers for our mom, she is one strong lady and no matter the out come she will handle it the very best she can. Our Mom is one of the strongest people I know and has been through so much these past couple of years , the Doctor said that she was a very high risk for surgery , radiation would be to hard on her and would cause her to be on oxygen 24 hours a day, right now she can take 6 hour breaks from it or Chemo which she has had a very bad reaction to. So we will see in a couple of weeks what her options will be.. Thank you again for all your support and prayers it really means alot...

Love,

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie-

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find this site a godsend like so many of us do.

As I mentioned to Sue - I am sending many prayers your family's way.

Glad to meet you and hope you continue to post - your sister is a great contributor on this site and I am sure you will be, too.

Hugs - Patti B.

Hi Everyone,

First of all thank you so much for the very nice welcome, I think I'm gonna like it here.. :D . Was telling my Mom about all the support she has here and it really makes her happy. So thank you again for all the prayers it means more than you know...

Hugs,

Bonnie

Hey girls ~ Sue and Bonnie!!!!! Sue, I've told you so many times that you have ALWAYS remained in our thoughts and prayers here. I am believing in my heart that this thickening is just that. How anyone could determine cancer from that is beyond me. Maybe just putting it out there for whatever reason ~ don't know. It's hard to not put the cart before the horse, but try to step back and remain as positive as you can. Tell mother many of us here are cheering her on and are propping her up.

Love,

Kasey

I just want to thank all of you, on behalf of my family. Some of you are old friends and some of you are new friends , but here we are all a big family.. we all "get it" .. we have all had lung cancer enter our lives and change it forever. It means so much to my family to have you here.

My sister , Bonnie has actually been a member since I first joined , nearly 5 years ago. She would always be shy about posting and go into lurk mode.. lol What happened next is that she would forget her password and well she is now on about the 3rd membership (right sis?) but I can tell you that her prayers have been here with you . She knows many of you and is most certainly thankful for this board... Here I go putting words in her mouth..

Anyhow, I just want all of you to know that we so much appreciate your prayers and support and all of it is getting delivered to mom...

Love,

Sue

Hi Sue, don't know how I missed this, must have been having one of my own breakdowns. Many positive healing thoughts your Mom's way. Welcome to Bonnie and you ladies keep us posted on your mom's needle biopsy.

Judy in Key West

Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear the news about your mom and hoping the needle biospy does not show cancer.

If so, please look into cyberknife. That way there will not be any cutting and no side effect at all.

Maryanne