Ginger tabs for nausea

kukla

Hello - Recently I read a report about ginger tablets helping with nausea from chemo. I asked my husband's onc about it and he says it's true and it works. I think that Glenn is going to try this with his next round of cisplatin/gemzar/avastin.

Not sure if anyone else has heard about this or is using ginger? Below is the link for the published abstract if anyone is interested.

http://www.asco.org/ASCOv2/Meetings/ASC ... ced+Nausea

Kathleen

this goes back to the childhood days when Mom gave Ya a Warm or room temp Ginger ale for a tummy problem!!

One of the drugs prescribed for me to prevent nausea made me so dizzy and loopy that I stopped taking them and tried ginger capsules. They must have worked because the cisplatin, one of the most notorious of all the chemo drugs for causing nausea, never made me nauseated at all.

Kathleen, I'll be anxious to hear how Glenn does with the ginger. I used to take ginger snaps with me when I went fishing for sea sickness but they just made me fat lol. Really, I bought Ginger capsules for naseau once but don't think I ever tried them. The zofran works great with no side effects that I noticed but natural would be better.

Judy in Key West

Well I didn't think that gravol was Canadian. But it is an over the counter medicine used to calm the stomach when travelling. I used them in Disneyland to handle the rides. So I am sure there is an equivalent in the US. I am sure ginger is an ingredient.