How is everyone?

Gabinka

Hi Friends!

Well It's been almost 7 months since my dad has passed and I'm sitting here reading everyone's new posts and old posts and it once again brings tears to my eyes.

I don't think I'll ever forget my dad...EVER! I have break downs here and there and cry uncontrollably but then when the tears finally stop, it feels good. Almost as if we are meant to cry until we can't anymore...a release.

My next hardest step in life will be next year. I'm getting married and won't have my dad to walk me down the aisle. I won't have his sense of humor to laugh at and have our inside jokes to share. I miss him so much. I do, however, feel him around me all the time. :o)

After my dad passed, my uncle (my dad's sister's husband) was suddenly diagnosed with brain cancer and he went very quickly. So, we had yet another funeral about three months to my dad's.

This whole situation has made me so strong and I've realized through all this, "Don't sweat the small stuff!" and realize that life is short and we can't walk around worrying about a few lbs or a few dollars spent. Live life to the fullest and never take for granted EVERYDAY that you wake up and can breath fresh air, walk a mile, speak a phrase and see the color of the sky because sometimes there are people out there who would give anything to be in your shoes.

Give me an update on how everyone's doing...I miss talking to you all.

Love

Gabby

xoxo

Gabby — it's great hearing from you! And congratulations on the upcoming wedding. Actually, somebody told me once that "congratulations" is only for the guy, and to the bride one is supposed to say "best wishes" or something, but that never made a lot of sense to me and I say you both deserve congratulations.

I wholeheartedly agree with your philosophy, but it would be nice if learning some of these lessons didn't come at such a price. Much Aloha,

Ned

Gabby, I remember You and its great to hear from ya. Congrats and Best wishes on the big day next year. Remember Dad is there in spirit at least...

Do Ya have a fave piece of jewelry of his You could wear in remembrance and in honor of!!!??

Gabby, of course I remember you and that joyous picture of your and your Dad. Welcome back. Sounds like you are negotiating the grieving process as well as can be expected. Glad to hear these unfortunate life experiences have made you strong.

I agree with Randy, something of Dad's could accompany you down the aisle so you will feel him close to you on this important day. Hope it all goes gently for you.

I went into remission after my first big chemos and stayed on Avastin maintenance for the remainder of the year. My remission held until May of this year. I had been off treatment six months and managed to stay cancer free for a year.) Learning I'd progressed was a blow but I'm back on treatment (Alimta) and hoping for the best.

Judy in Key West