Getting to Know You - FINALLY Friday - June 12

Ann

So, as you can tell from the subject (FINALLY Friday) this has been a really long week for me and I can't wait for the weekend to be here. So...today's question is....

How has this week gone for you and are you looking forward to doing anything special this weekend?

OMG Ann - This has been a VERY long week! Especially yesterday I spent 7 hours with a 94 year old man that I take care of on my days off from my "real" job. He is not much conversation nor much excitement except the 50 bathroom runs just to pass gas LOL :roll:

Well my kids are having a slumber party tonight :shock: Tomorrow closing ceremonies for baseball and back to the old guys house both days this weekend :shock: Hopefully go down to the pond and do some fishing with my son.

That's about it not to much exciting :?

Heidi

I don't have anything really exciting planned for this weekend either. I'm just so looking forward to some down time, as the past few weekends have been totally consumed with projects at the American Legion. It's been really hot here (90's) for the past few days and the rain has slowed down, so this may be a good weekend for getting out the Harley and doing some riding.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

It has rained here everyday for the last week and a half. I've been really in pain from this new chemo. This afternoon I'm sposed to play guitar at the oncology center for a survivors day BBQ, sure hope the rain holds off. Weekend plans include some yard work, if it's dry enough. May have to put all plans on hold and take a nap.

Donny

I've been a little AWOL from the boards just being a worry wart.

I'm stressing because 2 weeks my bro went to the ER and was told he had pneumonia. They gave him scripts for meds and sent him home.

He later finds out that his new insurance kicked in a goes to a doctor for follow up. They send him for a bunch of test including an angio and they say he NEVER HAD PNEUMONIA. He was in full blown congestive heart failure.

It turns out that he has Dilated Cardiomyopathy. A far cry from pneumonia for sure. He will go back to the cardiologist on 6/23 to DISCUSS his condition and let him know if at just 50 years old if they will permanently take him out of the work force.

Just when I think I can relax, something else pops up.

On another note Jayla turned 3 yesterday. She is with her mom for the weekend so I am hoping to get a bit of downtime and recoup a few brain cells.

Denise

How has this week gone for you and are you looking forward to doing anything special this weekend?

Ann, by now you're probably sorry you asked! :shock:

Last Saturday evening we took my wife's 94-year-old mother (who's lived with us for 12-13 years) to the ER for fever. Admitted to the hospital for pneumonia and put on IV antibiotics and breathing mask. Stabilized and improved. Tuesday I drove to my oncology clinic for my regular chemo, then Wednesday MIL took a turn for the worse and passed away (probably cardiac arrest). Hauled myself up to that hospital to see how the wife was doing (calm but fragmented and very tired) and we eventually got home after nearby relatives stopped coming by the hospital room. Thursday was nonstop relatives/friends coming by the house, calling the home phone plus both cells, bringing more food than we could handle (a neighbor was willing to take some of it off our hands), all the supportive and much appreciated but sometimes over-the-top assistance people out here feel compelled to provide. Last night after the dust settled I scanned a bunch of old photos to make a display for the service, and later this morning we go to the mortuary to make arrangements. Today would typically be my max fatigue day in the chemo cycle, but I think I'll be okay, and I'm pretty sure the wife is feeling it more than I am. But thanks for asking, Ann! :D

Ned

Our long stretch of summer weather continues. I think we have had 3 weeks with no rain. The local strawberries should be ready next week.

I have had some up and down days this week. I think the chemo tires me out a few days after treatment. Am feeling a bit perkier today. Off for a zometa treatment later.

A few ball games this weekend and a BBQ. And just spending time with family.

So sorry to hear about your MIL Ned.

Denise, don't be such a stranger. Hope you have a restful weekend.

Have a great weekend all. Put your troubles aside and enjoy something.

Sandra

It's working out okay. One of my wife's cousins flew in this morning from another island, her son (who works for the Univ. of Hawaii) took off from work to pick her up at the airport, and they both met us at the mortuary for the arrangements consultation. To say I was deeply touched by their thoughtfulness would be an understatement, but I shoudn't have been really surprised, because her family does stuff like that. It's part of the Oriental "collective" culture that permeates much of Hawaii, whereas I grew up with more of an "individual" mindset on the US mainland. I was able to come home after the meeting and crash with Rosie while the rest of them went out to lunch and shopping. See you after a nap.

Ned

Lookin forward to Sunday Cruise In with car club friends for the Shriners St Judes Hospital! On Sunday !! TGISunday!!!!! Saturday is work and clean the car day for me!!!

Terribly sorry to hear about your MIL Ned. Thank GOD for all of your helpful and concerned family and friends to help take the load and the sting out of it. GOD bless Ned.

What do you cruise in Randy, I just love cool cars of all sorts?

Donny