My bestest friend Martha/UPDATE 7/13-Mixed News UPDATE!!!

Flyman35

My best friend in the whole world had her mammogram come back bad. She went for a second mamm, MRI and an ultrasound today. The doc came back in and told her that there is a large mass at 4 o'clock in her right breast that looks like cancer.

She will have a needle biopsy on Wednesday with results on Thursday.

Any and all good thoughts, vibes, prayers and anything alse you can throw her way would be appreciated.

Denise

It is breast cancer. Not the news we were hoping to hear.

The dx is Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma. The tumor is about an inch all around. She will go for another MRI with contrast on Monday and then they will set her up for surgery.

Martha and I both thank you all for your prayers, vibes and good thoughts. She was very touched.

Please continue to pray.

Denise

((((((Denise)))))

So sorry for your friends diagnosis. I will continue to pray for her.

Just to let you know, I am friends with two girls who I met in the chemo waiting room at the Cleveland Clinic. We go out about every 2-3 months to eat and catch up. They both had ductal carcinoma. They both had surgery, then chemo and then a year on another IV treatment. Both of them are doing WONDERFUL and have gotten on with their lives. My mom is also a 19-year breast cancer survivor. There is MUCH hope with breast cancer.

Hugs to you both and let us know how Martha is doing.

Patti B.

((( Denise ))),

I am so sorry for your best friend's diagnosis.

She will be added to my prayer list. Prayers are powerful, this I know.

Our niece is currently undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer (same diagnosis as your best friend). She has had her surgery, and after having found some cells in the lymph nodes, they prescribed chemo for about four months.

Her sister is an oncology nurse (for the past 30 years), and is very hopeful that it will be treated and life will return to normal.

All that being said, we do hate cancer. It just plain sucks.

Barbara

Well the results are in. In addition to the main tumor there are numerous hot spots in both breasts.

Martha states that she has thought long and hard these past couple of weeks and has decided that she will have a double mastectomy. If any of the lymph nodes are cancerous she will remove all those as well.

She will now make an appt with a plastic surgeon to talk about implants. After she has the sugery and has her healing time she will have either radiation or chemo. That has yet to be determined.

CANCER SUCKS!!!

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

I think I will go have my melt down now.

Denise

Thanks everybody.

Martha's surgery is set for Monday the 6th. This is getting to real to fast but like Sandra said, at least there is a plan in place. That gives me a little comfort.

Denise

Today is the day. Surgery Day.

I am headed off to the hospital in a couple of minutes.

Martha will be having her surgery starting at approx 11 a.m. Her surgery plan has changed just a bit where they are not only going take everything in the front but are going to take muscle from her back as well and pull it around to the front. I sounds like they are going to practically cut her in half. I'm scared for her. I know they do this stuff everyday so I am sure she will be fine but it still makes me nervous.

Please keep the prayers coming that everything go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks,

Denise

Denise, thanks for the alert. Sending healing thoughts Martha's way. Wishing you strength to get through the wait, the thing that's the hardest to do. Keep us posted. We'll be waiting with you.

Judy in Key West