PLEASE Who are the best doctors and hospitals? Please help!

barbara1168

It is time to start counting the good doctors and hospitals based on positive results from people on this web site. People are always telling their good/bad stories without mention of the doctors and hospitals. I would find it helpful to know where everyone is being treated.

I'm sorry, I don't think anyone here is hiding anything nor is anyone here not being truthful about hospital's and doctor's. I'm not sure where you would get that idea. If you want peoples stories and who they doctored with and what hospital or clinic they went to, or go to, all you have to do is ask.

Most of us have a team of dortor's and all my doctor's and hospital information is posted on "MY STORY" just click up below my signature and you'll fine all my information.

I would like to add that it would be helpful if you told us what area you live in and what area your looking for treatments and doctors information. Take a deep breath and slow down we will do our best to help you through this.

Tell us specifics. No one is hiding anything. Our doctors do the bet they can for us while they can. They are not God they are Human!!

I am very sorry that I did not express myself clearly. I am in no way blaming or accusing anyone of hiding anything or not being truthful. I have just found it difficult to find track records of doctors so I am asking people to remember to include this information. My husband has been treated by The University of Pennsylvannia over this past year. We are wondering if we should go to MD Anderson in Houston or Mass General or Sloan Kettering. We live in NJ about 40 mins from Philadelphia.

Well, since you mention the Hospital of the Univ of Pennsylvania, I'll lead the replies by telling you that I was dx there and have been treated there in the 18+ months since. My medical onc is Dr. Tracey Evans; the radiation onc that treated me is Dr. Lilie Lin. The only treatment I've agreed to is Zometa every 6 wks (for bones) and a 14-shot radiation treatment to the spine and pelvis about 8 months ago. Plus I take two Lovenox (blood thinner) shots/day against clots. Dr. Evans has been fine with my refusing chemo, which I've learned on sites like this is not to be taken for granted -- some oncs apparently refuse to see patients who refuse chemo. Anyway, I'm very pleased with my experience at HUP. In addition, I have a fantastic cardiologist at HUP, Dr. Susan Wiegers, who basically dx my lung cancer in under a half hour after my previous cardiologist (at Lankenau) and all the geniuses hovering over me during my 3-day stay at Jefferson had no idea why I was SOB or passing out. If there's anything you'd like to talk about, feel free to ask here or PM me.

Ellen