Tomorrow, June 22nd is mom's needle biopsy, UPDATED.. July 1

shineladysue

Tomorrow morning at 8:00 am my mom will go through a Ct guided inner section, needle biopsy of the suspicious area along the suture line of her lung. We know little of the procedure , only that she must remain at the hospital for 4 to 6hrs after to make sure there are no leaks or collapse etc. If anyone has any info they can share about this procedure, it would be appreciated. Don't know how long it takes, if it's painful etc. We also don't know when they will get results. Last, but not least, please if you can spare a few positive thoughts or prayers for her it will be most welcome.

Hugs,

Sue

Hey Sue......I had this procedure. For me ~ went well with no complications. I forget how long it took (that's a good thing, I suppose) but I recall it being not much more than an 'uncomfortable' feeling throughout. You are sedated but communicative as you must follow some direction from the folks administering it. Again - can't remember what directions I followed. What I DO remember is GREAT medication which is the reason to remain afterward and probably the reason my recollection is a bit fuzzy. I pretty much don't even remember what I had for dinner last night, so I am really reaching back to October 2004. I think mine may have taken longer than expected because he wanted to be sure he got plenty to look at. Results were about a week later. Mom will do just great through out.

And it goes without saying that all 3 of us here will amp up the thoughts, prayers, best wishes, and whtever else we cacn muster for mom. Let us know how she fares tomorrow.

Love,

Kasey

Hey Sue,

Dad had a couple of those procedures. One at Chesapeake General here in Virginia and one at Hopkins. The one at Hopkins went much better thant the one at Chesapeake. If I remember correctly, they couldn't get a good sample at Chesapeake and the results were inconclusive but did get a confirmation at Hopkins. I don't want to scare you, I just don't think the tech was very good at Chesapeake and my dad did have some pain during the procedure. Where is your mom having it and who is doing it?

Hoping for good results!

Tammy

Moms Gonna rock the OR and this test Sue and Bonnie!! I can feel it deep down inside me!!! THoughts prayers and Soft Hugs for all of You tomorrow!!

Hi Sue. I am sending prayers for your dear mom. May the procedure go smoothly and may she recover fast. And mostly may it turn up nothing. I am saying a prayer for your too....take a deep breath and you will get through this latest bump in the road. Take care

Sandra

Thank you so much for all your positive thoughts and prayers. Mom really did well with her procedure this morn. We won't know the results for 3-5 days. We were concerned about the risks involved from the procedure (bleeding or lung collapse etc.. ) , but so far so good. They kept her 4 hours after the procedure and did an xray before she left.. all seemed ok then and she seems ok now (knock on wood).. so as she says "now we wait". I will post the the results when we get them.

Hugs,

Sue

Hey Sue, Just chiming in here to let you know your mom is in my thoughts and prayers. I too am very pleased to hear the procedure went well.

Fingers and toes and anything else I can cross that this will be something simple and easy to treat.

Warm Wishes to you and your mom.

Update , July 1st..

Dropping in to give a brief update on our mom. She got the results on her needle biopsy and I'm afraid it confirmed our fears... it is cancer once again. The size of the tumor is about 1". Now, it's time to explore her limited options. Her emphysema plus her slightly diminished breathing capacity, after the two prior surgeries, leaves her with limited choices. The doctor says she is not a candidate for another surgery, but she may be a candidate for cyberknife . Our next step will be to meet with the doctor that does that procedure and get his opinion as to whether he thinks it would benefit mom and if she is a good candidate. Anyhow, sorry to be bringing bad news on this July 1st eve, but we choose to dwell on the hope that something can be done. We thank you for all your thoughts and prayers up to this point and we would appreciate it if you would keep them coming. Anyone with information on cyberknife , please give us your experiences . Thanks so much .

Hugs,

Sue

Sorry to hear this news today Sue. I hope all goes well with whatever the treatment may be. I know Don M used to be our cyber knife chalpion but since he is gone I am not sure. Prayers and thoughts for Mom and the Family this AM.

(((((Sue)))))

I am so terribly sorry that this has happened. This is so unfair - I hate cancer so much and what it does to good people!!!!

As far as cyberknife goes, isn't that what Joel had??? Hopefully Maryanne will come along soon and clarify that.

Know that you and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs - Patti B.