Just came for some support

Tobs31

I have been numb since 6/29/09, the day the results came back from my dad's needle biopsy. His first appointment with the Oncologist is scheduled for tomorrow. I am trying to be strong but sometimes it is very hard especially after already going though cancer battles with my grandmother and grandfather. I find this website to be very uplifting and it's great to see and hear about all the survivor stories. I am grateful to know that there are many different treatments out there.

I try to be strong so he will be strong too. It will be hard for me to see the strongest man i know going through this.

I am sorry you have to be here but glad you are.. Be weak right now, Cry, scream get mad, be whatever you want to be for the time being. After the consultation and the setting of the treatment program You will feel better. Its kind of a sense of relief that things are rolling along now. Get the emotions out and then get ready to fight the cancer with everything you have in you.

This is a new normal. going to appointments and picking up prescriptions. Taking more care of dad!!! Remember this thought, Cherish yesterday, Live for today and Pray for tomorrow.

Thoughts and Prayers nad You are never alone here . We can help with side effects and many other things as well as lend a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen with...

I am glad that you found this site. Lots of knowledgeable people here who are always willing to lend an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on.

Randy is right - once a treatment plan is in place, you will feel better as you can start to fight the beast.

Please remember to NEVER listen to statistics - most of us here are proof that they are wrong. And come here whenever you need to.

Please keep us posted on dads progress.

Hugs - Patti B.

I know what you mean - even as the person diagnosed I had some of the same feelings you are having. Like others have said - crying can be a great help right now. Once you get the "list" of things to do - every checkmark makes it seem a little easier. I have been reading everything posted on this website for over a month now and that has been helpful too. Good luck at the oncologist and make sure you let the board know how it goes.

Annette

Glad you found us. I know going through this you need a lot of support. It is hard.

My friend and I were just sharing one of the members of our local face to face support group is celebrating 10 years of survival and she was diagnosed Stage IV !

Keep us posted and updated. It is great that your Dad has you to help.

Donna G

Hey there. I am so sorry to read about your dad. But glad you came here for support because that is what we are here for.

The beginning is so scary. There are so many unknowns. Then a treatment plan will be put in place and everyone can focus on that.

Please keep us posted on how you and your dad are doing.

Sandra