The beast is back!! - 2 brain tumors found,

bobmc

Bob,

The prayers and support continue and always will. I know that that is a possibility for me, so I'll monitor you through the process and will have more knowledge to my credit.

Enjoy your Christmas holidays and you'll be part of candle lighting for renewed hope and strength.

Blessings and God's Peace,

Margaret

Hi Bob,

Well, everyone has said all the things I would have said, but, damn-it what is going on with this crap that it appears to be coming back in so many of us. I'm still holding my breath with this nodule in my right lung.

WELL my FRIEND, this is beatable and you know WE ARE HERE FOR YOU and we are supporting you a 120%.

How does that saying go? RUE RUE REEE, Kick 'em in the Knee, RUE RUE RASS, Kick 'em in the other Knee! You can do this my friend. Stay strong!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Con

Bob, Oh how I hate to hear this. any time is terrible but just before Christmas is even worse, if that is possible. As you know our cases are similar so this really scares me. We do know tho' that it is beatable and you are strong with a positive attitude. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers as in the past. God Bless Bonnie

Dear Bob -

Well, not much I can say that hasn't been said here already. I want you to know that I have faith that this will be a mere detour for you - something that was not expected, but very conquerable.

You have always given us your prayers and support and now it is our turn to be there for you in any way we can.

This is just a setback - we are all praying and I know the Lord is listening to our every word. Take a deep breath my friend and try to think only of positive things - Love, Sharon

Well, Bob, I will just add my two cents to the wise words of the rest of the gang...dang!! This is just not suppposed to be happening. I know with your attitude, you will make mince meat of these mets. And be back in the rain forest or some other exotic local for a vacation a few weeks after your treatment.

Hello All;

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and prayers. I'm sitting here with tears running down my face because I truely feel blessed to have you all in my life today!!! :)

What a truely, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL holiday season this is !! :):)

thank you all for being here!!

God bless us all

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Sooooooooo - stealing from Connie and seeing that you've NAMED your 2 mets Frick and Frack - all join in:

RUE RUE REEE, Kick 'em in the Frick, RUE RUE RASS, Kick 'em in the Frack!

Okay, okay - so it loses some of it's zing - but it's a chat I'll be saying for you every day!

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Bob,

I have to say that, although the brain mets aren't the best news (I have a wonderful gift of stating the obvious, don't I :roll: ), I have to say that the fact that there are no other sites is GREAT NEWS!

I will say this, I would deal with my dads brain mets again in a flash if I could trade in the lung mets. You can do this, Bob. Everyone knows it.

Please enjoy your holiday. It is so much better to know what you are dealing with, because now you can take care of it. We've got your back. We love you. Take care and have a great holiday, Deb

My dear friend Bob,

:( I guess if one has to have it back, the brain in my opinion is the best place to come back to because I have such a strong belief that mets to the brain are beatable. Buddy had three and with whole head radiation, they are gone. He was tested again just a month or so ago and nothing up there except that great brain.

Hope I remember to come to chat Tuesday and Wednesday. You are surely in my prayers. Hang tough as I know you will.

I think I need some clarification. I thought if a malignant tumor was removed the only way there would be one later in a distant location was if the lymph node was malignant and perhaps not removed. How else does the beast travel from one area to another? If no lymph node shows malignant on a PET scan I thought we were failry safe except from a second primary lesion. Am I making sense? Bob, (if you read this) what did your lymph nodes looke like? Were some removed at time of the surgery? There is so much to learn and I am not much good at surfing.