It is probably back again!

ursol

I cannot talk about this with anyone but this group. Tomorrow my family and I leave for a planned vacation to sicily. I have looked so forward to this trip. I have had some pain in my right abdomen so the doctor had me go for a pet scan a month early to see if that nasty adrenal area is growing cancer again. Well the doctor called me tonight and said that it looks like uptake in that general area again. I'm so disappointed. He said he and the other docs have been conferring and will send me for further scans when I get back from vacation. This is not the smartest thing the doctor has ever done...he should have waited for me to come back to tell me this. I was only half done packing and I now cannot focus on anything but my cancer. I love all you guys...and so glad you are hear often times to listen to this stuff. Someone really needs to find a cure to this stupid disease. I'm pretty scared right now but I know this will pass and I'll get right back to my normal self. Hopefully the mediterranean will cheer me up.

Anyhow...I'll let you guys know what they decide to do with my cancer next.

Lilly

(((((((Lilly)))))))

I am so, so sorry to hear this. I agree - he should have waited until you came back from vacation to tell you.

I, too, was given some bad news today (not ready to talk about it yet) so I know just how devastated you feel right now. But I think you are a lot like me, sad and scared for a while and then right back in the fight with a big SCREW YOU to the cancer!!!!! I am not giving up and I know you won't either!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Sicily. My two grandparents (my moms parents) were from Sicily - I think they were both from Palermo.

You hang tough, girlfriend!!! You are one tough cookie!!! Be strong and be brave!!!! We all love you here!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Oh Lilly,

How sorry I am to hear your news this evening. Right now Fred and I are in MA for Tracy. I can't even articulate how much I hate cancer and what it does to any of us - most especially young ones. We are here for you sweet girl - and I hope (pray too) that you can enjoy that vacation on some level and have terrific family memories to share. Tracy and I always tried our best to hokld onto hope until there was final word. May that word not substantiate what you are feeling. Just remember to breathe deeply until then.

With much care,

Kasey

All I can say is "Bucket List" Work on it. Don't let the cancer get the best of You. I know that sounds easy coming from someone who doesn't have it but.... Have Fun for the Moment. Come back and start fighting. Gotta get the 2 minute Break sometimes.....

(((Lilly))),

So sorry you received this news , at an inappropriate time or ever , but I hope you can accept the news and put the fight on the back burner til you return. My mom just got news yesterday of her cancer returning and it gives me just a hint of what you might be feeling... it's a real kick to the gut. Just know when you get back and pick up the gloves to fight once again, we will be here for you. Hope you can enjoy your trip.

Hugs,

Sue

So sorry to read this news. I hope that you can find yourself having fun with your family on your trip. I agree with Randy go have fun and come back and start the fight (just put your boxing gloves on first). Many thoughts and prayers for you.

Patti I will add you to my prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Heidi

Oh Lilly - this absolutely sucks! I am sorry that the doctor didn't wait until after your return; I am sorrier that he had to say it at all.

I hope you enjoy this much anticipated vacation with your family - it sounds like an awesome place to go.

We are here for you when you get back. You will be added to my daily prayers Lilly.

Hugs,

Linda

Lilly, Patti, and Sue ('s mom),

To all of you, keep on fighting. And Lilly - have a great and memorable trip!

Lilly - tenderly, I ask, are you withholding this info from your family? It will be awfully hard to maintain that when you are traveling. I hope you will consider sharing the news one evening as you sit in a warm breeze with a beautiful sunset or dark starry night after a wonderful Sicilian dinner. It may put a damper on things, but they love you and can offer you so much support. Ciao, now.

Oh Lilly. You certainly did not need to hear that as you are preparing for your much anticipated trip. I would love to go to Italy. But it is what it is and you will go and enjoy yourself. And when you get back you will figure out what needs to be done next. So enjoy the best you can and take in the best the world has to offer over there.

Sandra

Damn Lilly. For the news and for the STUPID doc!

I have, however, found that there is not much the beautiful scenery of Italy won't help. I know you've already left, but I hope you the sight of the Mediterranian will fill you with a sense of joy and renew your spirit for the next stage in your treatment!

((((Lilly))))

Susan

Lily, I'm late coming in on this because I just couldn't get through the post before. It hit too close to home. Like you, I still have family in Sicily, Italy. Every year I say I'm going. I decided (again) last May to not go this year and it was May that I found my cancer had progressed. I'm sorry your onc told you but am glad you are still going. I agree, find a time to share with the family and enjoy your trip as much as your health will allow.

Judy in Key West